On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote: > > Why do you use a float at all? > You can place your graphic in the layer without using \placefigure. Ah, this was the important thing. I've been placing graphics in floats for so long that I've forgotten there's another way. I switched my \placefigures to a plain \externalfigure and everything started working. Obviously it's been sheer luck that the thing used to work, now it is hopefully done as it should've been from the beginning. Thank you, Mari