* Float placement problem (layers)
@ 2015-02-19 10:51 Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2015-02-19 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I have a book cover that is created with layers. It has worked fine
this far and I could swear that I haven't changed anything, but the
file (attached) now hangs on placement of a graphic. What I do not
understand is why the first graphic works and the second, almost
identical, stops the whole process with
"You can't use `\prevdepth' in restricted horizontal mode" and furthermore

\nointerlineskip ->\prevdepth
                              -\thousandpoint
\doplacefloatbox ...pacebefore ] \nointerlineskip
                                                  \flushnotes \nointerlinesk...
\page_one_place_float_here_indeed ...lacefloatbox
                                                  \page_floats_report_total ...
<argument> ..._floats_room \page_one_place_float_here_indeed
                                                  \else \page_floats_save \s...
\thirdofthreearguments #1#2#3->#3

\strc_floats_get_box ... :\floatmethod \endcsname
                                                  \fi

Just in case I updated my ConTeXt today, so I'm running version
2015.02.03, not that it helped. For a long time I was running a
version from September and in that the float worked, but I think it
stopped working when I updated to newest current some time in January,
I just haven't needed this particular file since then.

What went wrong and how can I fix it?

Mari

[-- Attachment #2: coverpicture.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: kplogo.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #4: test2_pr23-cover_front.tex --]

* Re: Float placement problem (layers)
@ 2015-02-20 12:57 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2015-02-20 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:51:26 +0200
Mari Voipio <mari.voipio@iki.fi> wrote:

> I have a book cover that is created with layers. It has worked fine
> this far and I could swear that I haven't changed anything, but the
> file (attached) now hangs on placement of a graphic.

Mari,

Why do you use a float at all?
You can place your graphic in the layer without using \placefigure.

Alan

* Re: Float placement problem (layers)
@ 2015-02-20 13:23   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-02-20 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2/20/2015 1:57 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:51:26 +0200
> Mari Voipio <mari.voipio@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> I have a book cover that is created with layers. It has worked fine
>> this far and I could swear that I haven't changed anything, but the
>> file (attached) now hangs on placement of a graphic.
>
> Mari,
>
> Why do you use a float at all?
> You can place your graphic in the layer without using \placefigure.

then that is the problem ... doing something vertical pageflow related
inside a box ... indeed no float has to be used there

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-02-23  7:28   ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2015-02-23  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)