* \seeindex bug?
@ 2015-02-18 22:04 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2015-02-18 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

The following:

\starttext
Fate\index{Fate}
and
Destiny\seeindex{Destiny}{Fate}
\blank[3*big]
\placeindex
\stoptext

produces an entry for “Destiny” that reads:

*d*
Destiny
     Fate    *see Fate*

If one comments out “Fate\index{Fate}”, the entry reads as it should:

*d*
Destiny
      *see Fate*

Is there a way to cross-reference an indexed term X that has only
*            see X*
and not
            X *see X*?

Alan

* Re: \seeindex bug?
@ 2015-02-23  9:12 ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2015-02-23  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Alan Bowen <bowenalan03@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to cross-reference an indexed term X that has only
>             see X
> and not
>             X see X?

I'd like to know this, too, now my index is full of ugly X see X references:

coating
  prism coating see prism coating
compatibility
  Indicating transmitter see Indicat-
             ing transmitter
  sensor see sensor
configuration
  display see display
  input switch see input switch
  relay see relay
cooling
  air cooling see air cooling

Like Alan, I'd prefer the "see X" model instead of "X see X", so I'd get e.g.

configuration
   see display
   see input switch
   see relay

Is there a way to tweak indexing to achieve this?

Mari