* Footnote marker inside custom list environment - font problem
@ 2012-01-23 21:47 Peter Park Nelson
From: Peter Park Nelson @ 2012-01-23 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Maybe this is related to the problems with \definenote posted
recently...I have played with setups but have been unable to figure
this one out.

I have a custom enumeration environment to display the names of
journal authors in a paragraph format, with local footnotes for their
affiliations. Since updating, it no longer works as expected; the
footnote markers after author names use the document roman font
instead of the sans font.

Also, if I use this inside a \startnarrower...\stopnarrower block, the
environment extends past where it should stop, which didn't happen
before.

\defineitemgroup[Authorlist]

\setupitemgroup[Authorlist]
               [each]
               [text]
               [symbol=0,
                margin=no,
                align=normal,
                width=-10pt,
                distance=0pt,
                leftmargin=no,
                location=top,
                textdistance=big]

\definenote[affiliation]
  [numberconversion=Characters,
   style=\tfa\ss\bf,
   numbercommand=,
   paragraph=yes]

\setupnotedefinition[affiliation]
   [location=serried,
    distance=.2em,
    display=no,
    style=\tfa\ss]

\starttext

\startAuthorlist
\item Doris Doe\affiliation[misk]{Miskatonic University, Dept. of
Allopatric Studies}
\stopAuthorlist

\stopAuthorlist

\stoptext
--
Peter Park Nelson
peter.park.nelson@gmail.com

* Re: Footnote marker inside custom list environment - font problem
@ 2012-01-23 21:56 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-01-23 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.01.2012 um 22:47 schrieb Peter Park Nelson:

> Hello,
>
> Maybe this is related to the problems with \definenote posted
> recently...I have played with setups but have been unable to figure
> this one out.

It was \setupnote and this problem is fixed.

> I have a custom enumeration environment to display the names of
> journal authors in a paragraph format, with local footnotes for their
> affiliations. Since updating, it no longer works as expected; the
> footnote markers after author names use the document roman font
> instead of the sans font.

You have to use the textstyle key, the value of the style is only used
when nothing is set for the headstyle or textstyle keys but textstyle
already has a different value.

> Also, if I use this inside a \startnarrower...\stopnarrower block, the
> environment extends past where it should stop, which didn't happen
> before.

Can you show a example.

Wolfgang

* Re: Footnote marker inside custom list environment - font problem
@ 2012-01-24  0:20   ` Peter Park Nelson
From: Peter Park Nelson @ 2012-01-24  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 23.01.2012 um 22:47 schrieb Peter Park Nelson:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Maybe this is related to the problems with \definenote posted
>> recently...I have played with setups but have been unable to figure
>> this one out.
>
> It was \setupnote and this problem is fixed.
>
>> I have a custom enumeration environment to display the names of
>> journal authors in a paragraph format, with local footnotes for their
>> affiliations. Since updating, it no longer works as expected; the
>> footnote markers after author names use the document roman font
>> instead of the sans font.
>
> You have to use the textstyle key, the value of the style is only used
> when nothing is set for the headstyle or textstyle keys but textstyle
> already has a different value.
>
>> Also, if I use this inside a \startnarrower...\stopnarrower block, the
>> environment extends past where it should stop, which didn't happen
>> before.
>
> Can you show a example.
>
> Wolfgang

Thank you, that textcommand parameter was the missing piece.

I will try to put together a minimal example of the width thing, but
this document setup is getting complicated now so I should see if it
can be refactored first to be simpler.

I have another related command that is not working now -- I defined
this little macro for convenience so that I could reuse the a single
affiliation for multiple authors after I had used it once.

\def\useaffiliation#1{\high{\note[#1]}}

Now, it inserts the numbers correctly but they are in the wrong font
-- everything else is in sans, they are in document roman. Oddly, if I
just use \note[] without the \high{}, the note numbers are in the
correct font.

--
Peter Park Nelson
peter.park.nelson@gmail.com