* Regarding XML export and EPUB
@ 2020-12-21 22:31 Andres Conrado Montoya
From: Andres Conrado Montoya @ 2020-12-21 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, list.
I've been experimenting with the export scripts and the instructions and
manuals you can find in:

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/XML
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Export
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Epub
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ePub

This with the expectation of being able to make an epub file form a context
document that epubcheck can accept. I see there is an experimental support
for epub, and I have played around with the export options a bit. However,
what I would really want to know is. It's possible and if so, how can you
map context's elements so they can get translated to specific html tags? I
mean, the current export output uses divs with custom attributes and
classes, or custom tags; but I would like to map lists to ul, list-items to
li, headings to h1, h2, h3, paragraphs to <p> etc. In the manuals I see
that you can do the opposite: map xml/html tags to context's elements; I
wonder if you can go the other way around, and a good place to start
reading about it. Apologies if I missed something obvious.

Thank you.

--
Andrés Conrado Montoya
Andi Kú

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an
intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do
something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look
so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag
him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a
bitch.’” — Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell

* Re: Regarding XML export and EPUB
@ 2020-12-22  8:40 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2020-12-22  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 21.12.2020 um 23:31 schrieb Andres Conrado Montoya <andresconrado@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello, list.
> I've been experimenting with the export scripts and the instructions and manuals you can find in:
>
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/XML
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Export
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Epub
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ePub
>
> This with the expectation of being able to make an epub file form a context document that epubcheck can accept. I see there is an experimental support for epub, and I have played around with the export options a bit. However, what I would really want to know is. It's possible and if so, how can you map context's elements so they can get translated to specific html tags? I mean, the current export output uses divs with custom attributes and classes, or custom tags; but I would like to map lists to ul, list-items to li, headings to h1, h2, h3, paragraphs to <p> etc. In the manuals I see that you can do the opposite: map xml/html tags to context's elements; I wonder if you can go the other way around, and a good place to start reading about it. Apologies if I missed something obvious.

There’s no built-in mechanism.

I’m using XSLT to transform ConTeXt’s exported XML to the HTML I want.
Esp. with references (footnotes etc) it’s not trivial.

Hraban