* [NTG-context] Not getting a page break in the ToC
@ 2023-08-22  4:43 Andres Conrado Montoya
From: Andres Conrado Montoya @ 2023-08-22  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to force a page break in a table of contents, using what is
recommended at
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Table_of_Contents#Forced_Page_Break

However, it does not work. Here's a MWE:

\definelistextra[page][before=\page]
\starttext
\starttitle[title={Table of contents}]
\placecontent[extras={2=page}]
\stoptitle
\startchapter[title={First chapter}]
\input knuth
\stopchapter
\startchapter[title={Second chapter}]
\input knuth
\stopchapter
\startchapter[title={Third chapter}]
\input knuth
\stopchapter
\stoptext

Is there a new way of obtaining a page break before a given part, chapter
or section in the ToC?

Thank you in advance.

--
Andrés Conrado Montoya
Andi Kú

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an
intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do
something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look
so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag
him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a
bitch.’” — Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell

* [NTG-context] Re: Not getting a page break in the ToC
@ 2023-08-22  6:51 ` Andres Conrado Montoya
From: Andres Conrado Montoya @ 2023-08-22  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Apologies, I just found the solution:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setinjector

@ 2023-08-22  7:29   ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-08-22  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 8/22/2023 8:51 AM, Andres Conrado Montoya wrote:
> Apologies, I just found the solution:
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setinjector
>
> El lun, 21 ago 2023 a las 23:43, Andres Conrado Montoya (<
> andresconrado@gmail.com>) escribió:
>
>> I'm trying to force a page break in a table of contents, using what is
>> recommended at
>> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Table_of_Contents#Forced_Page_Break
>>
>> However, it does not work. Here's a MWE:
>>
>> \definelistextra[page][before=\page]
>> \starttext
>> \starttitle[title={Table of contents}]
>> \placecontent[extras={2=page}]
>> \stoptitle
>> \startchapter[title={First chapter}]
>> \input knuth
>> \stopchapter
>> \startchapter[title={Second chapter}]
>> \input knuth
>> \stopchapter
>> \startchapter[title={Third chapter}]
>> \input knuth
>> \stopchapter
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Is there a new way of obtaining a page break before a given part, chapter
>> or section in the ToC?
Here is another method:

\showpageprogress % [all]
%resetforcedbreak

\starttext
     \registerforcedbreak[8][before]
     \dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{tufte}\par}
     \page
     \resetforcedbreak
     \registerforcedbreak[12][after]
     \dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{tufte}\par}
\stoptext

(by-product of some new mechanisms that we are exploring)

(not yet wikified)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE