From: Joey McCollum via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
To: denis.maier@unibe.ch
Cc: Joey McCollum <jmccollum20140511@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Ibid. and idem support for bibliographies (and variable scope more generally)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:16:15 -0400	[thread overview]

Yes, I haven't added any code to check for the useibid or useidem options
in list citations; they are only used for in-text citations in the SBL
specification definition. The distinction between \setupbtx[sbl:\s!list]
and \setupbtx[sbl:\s!cite] should allow us to specify their options
separately. For list citations, we probably should add a "sameauthor"
option, with "rule" (draw a horizontal rule for repeated authors), "empty"
(leave a blank space the size of the "margin" option), and "ditto" (e.g., a
dumb quote sign, or "Idem") as potential values, since all three of these
options are currently supported in publ-imp-chicago.mkvi and
publ-imp-sbl.mkvi, but as far as I know, they always default to the "rule"
setup.

Joey