* Footnotes italic or normal? And BEFORE for footnotes
@ 2013-09-06  7:44 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-09-06  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Two questions about footnotes:

1. By default the footnote-number (now always speaking of the fn-numbers
in the text, not at the buttom) appears in the same style, like the
text. E.g.:

\starttext
{\it This was\footnote{And actually is.} my way of typesetting.}
Is\footnote{Another fn.} this not beautiful?
\stoptext

You see, the first number is italic, the second normal. How can I force
ALL fn-numbers to appear in normal style, independent from the textstyle
of the text, they were set in?

2. I want to add a \narrownobreakspace before every footnote-number
(because of the closing quotation marks, which often overlap with them,
especially if they are set italic). One manual way would be this:

Any text.\narrownobreakspace\footnote{fn}

But how can I do it generally in the style-file? Is there something like
a "before" key for the fn-numbers?

Best would be, if this \narrownobreakspace would be only set, if an
quotation mark comes directly before the fn-number. But I guess that is
not easy, so the general solution would be ok, too.

Huseyin

* Re: Footnotes italic or normal? And BEFORE for footnotes
@ 2013-09-06  8:07 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2013-09-06  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2013–09–06 "H. Özoguz" wrote:

> \starttext
> {\it This was\footnote{And actually is.} my way of typesetting.}
> Is\footnote{Another fn.} this not beautiful?
> \stoptext
>
> You see, the first number is italic, the second normal. How can I
> force ALL fn-numbers to appear in normal style, independent from the
> textstyle of the text, they were set in?

  \setupnote
    [footnote]
    [textstyle=normal]

> 2. I want to add a \narrownobreakspace before every footnote-number
> (because of the closing quotation marks, which often overlap with
> them, especially if they are set italic).

  \setupnote
    [footnote]
    [textstyle=small,
     textcommand=\FootNoteCmd]

  \define[1]\FootNoteCmd
    {\narrownobreakspace\high{#1}}

Marco

* Re: Footnotes italic or normal? And BEFORE for footnotes
@ 2013-09-07  1:34   ` J. R. Schmid
From: J. R. Schmid @ 2013-09-07  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)