On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 2:10 PM Alan wrote: > On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 17:56:45 -0400 > John Kitzmiller wrote: > > > (Apologies for double-dipping, but usage direction for the > > least-squares fit extension in m-graph would be a gift.) > > The least-squares fit (to a polynomial) is a deterministic calculation, > not an arbitrary non-linear search. As such, it is very robust. > > Certain (useful) functions, a Gaussian peak for example, can be > suitably transformed to a polynomial function, so these are handled as > well, robustly. > > Examples are given as comments in mp-grap.mpiv that you can follow. > Also attached is an adapted version of the original John Hobby > documentation, with extensions described. > > Note that the m-graph module is simply a re-write of the John Hobby > graph macros, taking advantage of floating-point MetaPost (thus > simplified). > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > I have been working on a completely new luagraph module that does much > in lua. It has, notably, arbitrary coordinate systems. > > This has been a moving target as I put more and more into lua > and less and less in Metapost. I have also been playing chase with the > development of luametatex (and have fallen behind). > > Alan > Thanks for the modified documentation of the graph macros. It has been a great help. Is it in the lmtx distribution somewhere? I read about the upcoming luagraph in mag-1104-mkiv.pdf (This Way 11/11/2019) and have also played a bit with LuaMetaFun and Aditya's blog post. Looking forward to that development, thank you! John