I hope this does not open another thread with the same name, but I did not find a way to respond directly within the archive--something else I am missing or will ntg find the reference? Here it goes... Thank you for response luigi. The story: OS = Windows7 professional I also have MikTeX installed which I use routinely for pdfLaTeX and METAPOST from TeXworks download context-setup-mswin.zip from the wiki unzip to C:\context run from shell C:\context>first-setup.bat --modules=all add to PATH C:\context\tex\texmf-mswin\bin\ run from shell C:\context>first-setup.bat --keep Then create tex file \starttext Hello world \stopptext in different location. Navigate shell to that location and >context firstfile.tex Result is message context: The Lua script is not registered. context: Data: context Aha! I tried moving firstfile.tex into C:\context and then run and it works, but takes 11.62 seconds--not so good. However, I still get Lua script not registered when I try to run from other file locations, which makes me think it is PATH problem that I will continue to chase but if anything looks obvious please help. --johnk