* \title with extra content in toc
@ 2020-08-11 23:51 jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-08-11 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Still dealing with \title, but am creating a separate thread because the
question is different.

As well as using \title within frontmatter (my previous question was
about the header not appearing on final page if it is an odd/recto page)
I am also using it in the main body for 'chapters' that I don't want
numbered, and of course, have ensured that such \title items can appear
in the TOC. But I want to add a one-word comment in brackets to the
title that appears in the TOC, so that I get:

Chapter title (comment).......... 5  or whatever the page number is.

Is there are way I can add  extra content to an item that appears in the
TOC? In this case it would be the same comment in each instance, but my
question assumes that there could also be a need for different comments,
none of which appear in the 'chapter' title in the main body.

Am using MkIV BTW,

Julian

* Re: \title with extra content in toc
@ 2020-08-12  3:23 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-08-12  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020, jbf wrote:

> Still dealing with \title, but am creating a separate thread because the
> question is different.
>
> As well as using \title within frontmatter (my previous question was
> about the header not appearing on final page if it is an odd/recto page)
> I am also using it in the main body for 'chapters' that I don't want
> numbered, and of course, have ensured that such \title items can appear
> in the TOC. But I want to add a one-word comment in brackets to the
> title that appears in the TOC, so that I get:
>
> Chapter title (comment).......... 5  or whatever the page number is.
>
> Is there are way I can add  extra content to an item that appears in the
> TOC?

\startchapter
     [
       title={Title of chapter},
       list={What appears in TOC},
       bookmark={What appears in bookmarks},
     ]

\stopchapter

Aditya

* Re: \title with extra content in toc
@ 2020-08-12  3:46   ` jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-08-12  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

That is clear enough and works (of course!) and reminds me that I'm
better off using the \starttitle...\stoptitle format than just \title as
I have been.

@ 2020-08-12  5:41     ` Mikael Sundqvist
From: Mikael Sundqvist @ 2020-08-12  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)