On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote: > Hi! > > Im curious how to get back to the grid after a displayed formula? I try > > \setuplayout[grid=yes] > \showgrid > > \setupformulas[align=middle] > > \starttext > \input knuth > > \startformula > a^2+b^2=c^2 > \stopformula > > \input knuth > \stoptext > > (where the \setupformulas[align=middle] was suggested in a comment at > http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/254815/grid-on-aligned-equations-in-context > , but that makes no difference) > > but that does not work (result attached). > > Would it be easier if there were also an option saying how many lines > the equation should take? Say, > > \startformula[lines=3] > a^2+b^2=c^2 > \stopformula > > and then centering the formula (or having options for that) vertically > over the three lines? Maybe that is a not a good idea for some > reason... > > /Mikael Dear list, I hope it is OK that I answer an old thread. I have tried out grids and columns, and settled for the mixed columns. I finally found out that \setupformulas[ grid=min, ] seems to be the trick to get displayed formulas in good place when there is a grid, and to get back on the grid correctly afterwards. I just thought someone else might have use of this. I attach an example. I am aware of that some formulas won't show up perfectly fine, but then one could just define a specific formula environment for those. Cheers, Mikael