On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 10:10 PM Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote: > > Hi, > > We're pleased to announce the first official release of the new math > code. We're talking of: > > -- a reworked math engine (which happened stepwise so some already > trickled into previous uploads) > > -- settling on one model for display math but with alignment variants as > well as improving inline math (e.g. wrt linebreaks) > > -- redoing bit of the (sub) numbering > > -- improving the alignment features (the traditional one and the > text/page mode one) > > -- fixing the math font using all kind of tweaks in the goodie file > > -- providing means to annotate formulas > > -- we ditched support for \over simply because it is too fragile wrt > spacing (one can \usemodule[oldmath] to get it back > > -- we might move some more alien stuff to m-oldmath in due time > > We paid a lot of attention to details of positioning, sizing and spacing > of glyphs. We do have some documents in the making that describe this > (some are in the ontarget namespace) and the second half of this year we > use for writing a math manual (Mikael) and updating the luametatex > manual (Hans). For sure we will run into unforseen issues, come up with > additional things and try to please users who have demands. There are > 'hidden' features that will be revealed stepwise. > > An example of some usage will be posted next. > > The pragma-ade.com domain is still in transfer but the nl one should > work fine. There is now also a https://www.luametatex.org that might be > get some more than there is now (when i find it useful but best to have > the domain for the ctx group). > > Mikael & Hans > > (on behalf of the CMS) Hi, Attached is a file with some example formulas and comments that might be of help. /Mikael