* Extra space when \setcharacterkerning is used in enumeration
@ 2020-06-12 18:55 Mikael Sundqvist
From: Mikael Sundqvist @ 2020-06-12 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I noticed an extra space in an enumeration when
using \setcharacterkerning in the \headstyle parameter. The extra space
appears before the first word "Sats", and in my case it is unwanted (In the
example I want the word Sats to align with a), b), ...).

The space was not there a year ago, with the same code.

In the test file below (sorry for its length), the environment sats is
having the problem, while SATS does not. The only difference is in the
\headstyle parameter.

Am I missing something obvious?

/Mikael

PS I use the version of today, where the curious problems with sizes inside
square roots and fractions seem to be gone.

%%%%%%%%% Testfile starts here
\setupbodyfont[stixtwo,10bp]

\definemeasure[myitemwidth][26bp]
\definemeasure[myindent][12bp]
\setupindenting[yes,\measure{myindent}]

\definecharacterkerning[sats][factor=0.1]

\define[1]\vakuum{\hskip\measure{myindent}#1.}

\defineenumeration[sats][
text={Sats},
style={\em},
title=yes,
titlestyle=,
width=fit,
headstyle={\smallcaps\setcharacterkerning[sats]},
headcommand={\vakuum},
number=yes,
alternative=serried,
indenting={yes,\measure{myindent}},
]

\defineenumeration[SATS][sats][
headstyle=\smallcaps,%It is this setting that kills the space.
]

\defineitemgroup[delab]
\setupitemgroup[delab][each][a,intro,intext][
stopper=,
right=),
left={\hskip\measure{myindent}},
width=\measure{myitemwidth},
inbetween=,
before={\blank[none,samepage]},
after=,
style={\tf},
]

\starttext
\startTEXpage[offset=3bp]
\samplefile{ward}
\startsats[title={Räkneregler för gränsvärden}]
Antag att $c$ är ett tal, och att $a_k\to A$ och $b_k\to B$ då
$k\to+\infty$.  Då gäller det, när $k\to+\infty$, att
\startdelab
\item $a_k+b_k\to A+B$,
\item $c\cdot a_k\to cA$,
\item $a_kb_k\to AB$,
\item $1/a_k\to 1/A$ (om $a_k\neq 0$ för alla $k$ och $A\neq 0$).
\stopdelab
\stopsats

\samplefile{ward}

\startSATS[title={Räkneregler för gränsvärden}]
Antag att $c$ är ett tal, och att $a_k\to A$ och $b_k\to B$ då
$k\to+\infty$.  Då gäller det, när $k\to+\infty$, att
\startdelab
\item $a_k+b_k\to A+B$,
\item $c\cdot a_k\to cA$,
\item $a_kb_k\to AB$,
\item $1/a_k\to 1/A$ (om $a_k\neq 0$ för alla $k$ och $A\neq 0$).
\stopdelab
\stopSATS

\samplefile{ward}
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%

[-- Attachment #2: spaceprob.pdf --]

* Re: Extra space when \setcharacterkerning is used in enumeration
@ 2020-06-12 19:35 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-06-12 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Sundqvist schrieb am 12.06.2020 um 20:55:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed an extra space in an enumeration when
> using \setcharacterkerning in the \headstyle parameter. The extra space
> appears before the first word "Sats", and in my case it is unwanted (In
> the example I want the word Sats to align with a), b), ...).
>
> The space was not there a year ago, with the same code.
>
> In the test file below (sorry for its length), the environment sats is
> having the problem, while SATS does not. The only difference is in the
> \headstyle parameter.

Is the delab environment necessary for the example?

> Am I missing something obvious?

I have no old installation to compare the example below but the problem
is the \hskip\measure{...} in your code which is stretched as well.

\starttext

text

\kerncharacters{text}

\dontleavehmode\hskip\emwidth text

\dontleavehmode\kerncharacters{\hskip\emwidth text}

\dontleavehmode\kern\emwidth text

\dontleavehmode\kerncharacters{\kern\emwidth text}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Extra space when \setcharacterkerning is used in enumeration
@ 2020-06-12 19:47   ` Mikael Sundqvist
From: Mikael Sundqvist @ 2020-06-12 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)