* Blindtext
@ 2014-05-21  8:59 Werner Hintze
From: Werner Hintze @ 2014-05-21  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

And just another strange question:

Is there any command like \blindtext (or \blinddocument) in LaTeX? I
just try to figure out how Kontext works, and so it would ne fine to
have some texte every time available. (I can put some text from
everywhere, but the blindtext package is much more comfortable.)

Thank you!

* Re: Blindtext
@ 2014-05-21  9:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-05-21  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/21/2014 10:59 AM, Werner Hintze wrote:
> And just another strange question:
>
> Is there any command like \blindtext (or \blinddocument) in LaTeX? I
> just try to figure out how Kontext works, and so it would ne fine to
> have some texte every time available. (I can put some text from
> everywhere, but the blindtext package is much more comfortable.)

What is \blindtext ?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Blindtext
@ 2014-05-21  9:08   ` Werner Hintze
From: Werner Hintze @ 2014-05-21  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

It’ a command which inserts some nonsense text where I put it. I Latex
I can chose how many paragraphs I want to have and can even setuo a
whole document with chapters, sections etc.

It’s fine for Testung Layouts and font settings.

On 21 May 2014, at 11:04, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5/21/2014 10:59 AM, Werner Hintze wrote:
>> And just another strange question:
>>
>> Is there any command like \blindtext (or \blinddocument) in LaTeX? I
>> just try to figure out how Kontext works, and so it would ne fine to
>> have some texte every time available. (I can put some text from
>> everywhere, but the blindtext package is much more comfortable.)
>
> What is \blindtext ?
>
> Hans

>                                        Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>            Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>  tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                           | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Blindtext
@ 2014-05-21  9:29     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-05-21  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/21/2014 11:08 AM, Werner Hintze wrote:
> It’ a command which inserts some nonsense text where I put it. I Latex I
> can chose how many paragraphs I want to have and can even setuo a whole
> document with chapters, sections etc.
>
> It’s fine for Testung Layouts and font settings.

\usemodule[visual]

\starttext

some \fakewords{4}{8} here

\fakelines{3}{5}

\stoptext

or \usemodule[ipsum]

you can run :

 >context --global m-ipsum.mkiv

to get an idea about that one

> On 21 May 2014, at 11:04, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>     On 5/21/2014 10:59 AM, Werner Hintze wrote:
>
>         And just another strange question:
>
>         Is there any command like \blindtext (or \blinddocument) in LaTeX? I
>         just try to figure out how Kontext works, and so it would ne fine to
>         have some texte every time available. (I can put some text from
>         everywhere, but the blindtext package is much more comfortable.)
>
>     What is \blindtext ?
>
>     Hans

>     |                                    Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>             Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>
>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>     <http://www.pragma-ade.com>
>

>         | www.pragma-pod.nl <http://www.pragma-pod.nl>

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Blindtext
@ 2014-05-21  9:39       ` Werner Hintze
From: Werner Hintze @ 2014-05-21  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aha. Thank you. I unterstand that there is a solution, but I don’t
unterstand it.

Anyway: There are lots of more important things in ConTeXt I don’t
understand yet – and may be never will unterstand. (For example how to
use Fonts.)

Thanks for your help and have a nice day!

On 21 May 2014, at 11:29, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5/21/2014 11:08 AM, Werner Hintze wrote:
>> It’ a command which inserts some nonsense text where I put it. I
>> Latex I
>> can chose how many paragraphs I want to have and can even setuo a
>> whole
>> document with chapters, sections etc.
>>
>> It’s fine for Testung Layouts and font settings.
>
> \usemodule[visual]
>
> \starttext
>
> some \fakewords{4}{8} here
>
> \fakelines{3}{5}
>
> \stoptext
>
> or \usemodule[ipsum]
>
> you can run :
>
> >context --global m-ipsum.mkiv
>
> to get an idea about that one
>

>> On 21 May 2014, at 11:04, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> On 5/21/2014 10:59 AM, Werner Hintze wrote:
>>
>>     And just another strange question:
>>
>>     Is there any command like \blindtext (or \blinddocument) in
>> LaTeX? I
>>     just try to figure out how Kontext works, and so it would ne fine
>>     have some texte every time available. (I can put some text from
>>     everywhere, but the blindtext package is much more comfortable.)
>>
>> What is \blindtext ?
>>
>> Hans

>> |                                    Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>>         Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>> |

>> tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>> <http://www.pragma-ade.com>
>>

>>     | www.pragma-pod.nl <http://www.pragma-pod.nl>

> --

>                                        Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>            Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>  tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                           | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Blindtext
@ 2014-05-21 11:07         ` Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2014-05-21 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Werner Hintze <w.hintze@posteo.eu> wrote:
> Aha. Thank you. I unterstand that there is a solution, but I don’t
> unterstand it.
>
> Anyway: There are lots of more important things in ConTeXt I don’t
> understand yet – and may be never will unterstand. (For example how to use
> Fonts.)
>
> Thanks for your help and have a nice day!

In the m-ipsum.mkiv there is an example:

\usemodule[ipsum]

\starttext

    \ipsum[alternative=paragraph,before=\blank,after=\blank,language=la]

    \ipsum[alternative=lines,n=2,right=\par,before=\blank,after=\blank,language=la]

    \ipsum[alternative=lines,n=random,before=\blank,after=\blank,language=la]

    \ipsum[alternative=lines,before=\startitemize,after=\stopitemize,left=\startitem,right=\stopitem,language=la]

    \ipsum[alternative=words,left=(,right=),inbetween=\space,language=la]

    \page

    \defineipsum
      [ward]
      [file=ward,
       before=\blank,
       after=\blank]

    \defineipsum
      [ward:itemize]
      [ward]
      [alternative=lines,
       before={\startitemize[packed]},
       after=\stopitemize,
       left=\startitem,
       right=\stopitem]

    \defineipsum
      [ward:title]
      [ward]
      [alternative=lines,
       n=random]

    \subject{\directipsum{ward:title}}

    \ipsum[ward]
    \ipsum[ward:itemize]

\stoptext

Try to compile that. Maybe it helps enough so you can use it as you want?

/Mikael