* \abovedisplayshortskip
@ 2019-04-15 11:42 Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2019-04-15 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

is \abovedisplayshortskip inserted in formulas that come after short
lines? Or is there a more ConTeXt-way to tune this? Small example file
below, but I see no change after I set it, so I guess it is not used?

/Mikael

\starttext
Foo
\startformula
1+1=2
\stopformula

\abovedisplayshortskip = -12pt

Foo
\startformula
1+1=2
\stopformula
\stoptext

* Re: \abovedisplayshortskip
@ 2019-04-20 13:30 ` Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2019-04-20 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:42 PM Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is \abovedisplayshortskip inserted in formulas that come after short
> lines? Or is there a more ConTeXt-way to tune this? Small example file
> below, but I see no change after I set it, so I guess it is not used?
>
> /Mikael
>
> \starttext
> Foo
> \startformula
> 1+1=2
> \stopformula
>
> \abovedisplayshortskip = -12pt
>
> Foo
> \startformula
> 1+1=2
> \stopformula
> \stoptext

Bump. Nobody knows?

/Mikael

* Re: \abovedisplayshortskip
@ 2019-04-20 17:55   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-04-20 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael P. Sundqvist schrieb am 20.04.2019 um 15:30:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:42 PM Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is \abovedisplayshortskip inserted in formulas that come after short
>> lines? Or is there a more ConTeXt-way to tune this? Small example file
>> below, but I see no change after I set it, so I guess it is not used?
>>
>> /Mikael
>>
>> \starttext
>> Foo
>> \startformula
>> 1+1=2
>> \stopformula
>>
>> \abovedisplayshortskip = -12pt
>>
>> Foo
>> \startformula
>> 1+1=2
>> \stopformula
>> \stoptext
> Bump. Nobody knows?
ConTeXt inserts always the same vertical space before a formula
independent of the length of the previous line.

Wolfgang

* Re: \abovedisplayshortskip
@ 2019-04-22 13:43     ` Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2019-04-22 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 7:55 PM Wolfgang Schuster
<wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mikael P. Sundqvist schrieb am 20.04.2019 um 15:30:
> > On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:42 PM Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> is \abovedisplayshortskip inserted in formulas that come after short
> >> lines? Or is there a more ConTeXt-way to tune this? Small example file
> >> below, but I see no change after I set it, so I guess it is not used?
> >>
> >> /Mikael
> >>
> >> \starttext
> >> Foo
> >> \startformula
> >> 1+1=2
> >> \stopformula
> >>
> >> \abovedisplayshortskip = -12pt
> >>
> >> Foo
> >> \startformula
> >> 1+1=2
> >> \stopformula
> >> \stoptext
> > Bump. Nobody knows?
> ConTeXt inserts always the same vertical space before a formula
> independent of the length of the previous line.
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang!

Hans, is there a chance to add support for this (that seems to be
supported in TeX)?

As of now, I have defined a new type of formula which has less
vertical space above the formulas, but that is something one has to
check manually.

/Mikael