* Empty heads after leading whitespace
@ 2014-05-01 21:15 Maggyero
From: Maggyero @ 2014-05-01 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> before=\empty,

\empty is not even required. The problem with your solution (setting
'before=' i.e. empty) is that there is also no whitespace before a
subsection which doesn't start on a new page.

Any better ideas?

* Re: Empty heads after leading whitespace
@ 2014-05-06  8:06   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-05-06  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/6/2014 7:08 AM, Thangalin wrote:
> \setuphead
>    [section]
>    [placehead=empty,
>     page=yes,
>     after={\blank[0em]\blank[disable]}]
>
> That works for me. I don't know if it is "better," but if it works for
> you as well then it is probably the way to go.
>
> mtx-context     | current version: 2014.01.03 00:40

if you want no head-related nodes interfering, use:

% \setuphead[chapter][placehead=hidden]
% \chapter {test}
%
% %(\synchronizehead{chapter}) % \getheadsyncs
% %(\getfullstructurenumber{\thenamedheadlevel{chapter}})
% %(\getspecificstructuretitle{\thenamedheadlevel{chapter}})
%
% (\placerawheaddata  [chapter])
% (\placerawheadnumber[chapter])
% (\placerawheadtext  [chapter])

at some point you need to make sure you flush but you can decide to do
it in some safe place (a header or footer or whatever you build as
chapter opening)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2014-05-06  7:38 Maggyero
From: Maggyero @ 2014-05-06  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> after={\blank[0em]\blank[disable]}]

Yes it also works, thank you Thangalin. So here is the final solution (I
have added the 'nowhite' keyword in the second blank to kill whitespaces
when they are active) to get real empty heads (sections here) in the
document:

\setupwhitespace[line]

\setuphead
  [section]
  [placehead=empty,
   page=yes,
   after={\blank[none]\blank[nowhite, disable]}]

\setuphead
  [subsection]
  [placehead=yes,
   before={\blank[line]},
   after={\blank[line]}]

\setupheadertexts[section]

\showframe

\starttext
   \completecontent
   \dorecurse{2}
     {\section{My section}
      \dorecurse{2}
        {\subsection{My subsection}
         \input knuth}}
\stoptext

* Re: Empty heads after leading whitespace
@ 2014-05-06  5:08 ` Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2014-05-06  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2014-05-05 12:48 Maggyero
From: Maggyero @ 2014-05-05 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Avoid vskip.

Do you have a better solution?

* Re: Empty heads after leading whitespace
@ 2014-05-05  7:09 ` Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2014-05-05  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Avoid vskip.

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/vskip

* Empty heads after leading whitespace
@ 2014-05-05  2:19 Maggyero
From: Maggyero @ 2014-05-05  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

For those who are interested, I've finally solved my problem (the vertical
space before a subsection which was not automatically swallowed at the top
of a page when the page started with an empty section) by using the pair
'after={\vskip 0em\blank[disable]}' for sections:

\setuphead
  [section]
  [placehead=empty,
   page=yes,

@ 2014-05-03 23:22 Maggyero
From: Maggyero @ 2014-05-03 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks Wolfgang. I could even have sections in the TOC  with
'\setuptexttexts[{\placerawheaddata[section]}]'.

However, how can I start a new page at each new section? The 'page=yes'
pair does no longer work with your solution 'placehead=hidden' (since the
head is not placed I guess). I also tried 'before=\page' or 'after=\page'
without more success. Here is a minimal example showing the absence of page
breaks though I specified 'page=yes' (the section numbers are also
mismatched but if one puts manual page breaks they match again, so it's not
really a problem for me):

\setupheadertexts[\namedstructurevariable{section}{title}][]

\setuphead
  [section]
  [placehead=hidden,
   page=yes] % <-- This key does NOT work.

\setuphead
  [subsection]
  [placehead=yes,
   before={\blank[line]},
   after={\blank[line]}]

@ 2014-05-03 14:52 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-05-03 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.05.2014 um 16:32 schrieb Maggyero <maggyero@gmail.com>:

> A more explicit minimal example of the problem:
>

> \setupheadertexts[section]
> \setuphead[section][%
>     placehead=empty,
>     before=,
>     after=]
> \setuphead[subsection][%
>     placehead=yes,
>     before={\blank[line]},
>     after={\blank[line]}]
>
> \starttext
> \showframe
> \section{My section}
> \subsection{My subsection (whitespace before: problem)}
> \input knuth
> \subsection{My subsection (whitespace before: fine)}
> \input knuth
> \page
> \subsection{My subsection (NO whitespace before: fine)}
> \input knuth
> \subsection{My subsection (whitespace before: fine)}
> \input knuth
> \stoptext

When you don’t need a section entry in the TOC you can use “placehead=hidden”,
the title of the section head can be accessed with the \namedstructurevariable command.

\setupheadertexts[\namedstructurevariable{section}{title}]

\setuphead
  [section]
  [placehead=hidden]

\setuphead