Hello, There is a numberconversion problem in caption prefixes. For instance, if chapter numbers are set to Romannumerals, the conversion of the caption prefixes depends on the presence of a section Minimal example: \setuphead[chapter][conversion=Romannumerals] \setupcaption[way=bychapter, prefixsegments=chapter] \starttext \chapter{Cool} \placefigure{A cow}{\externalfigure[cow]} \chapter{Cat} \section{Mouse} \section{Dog} \placefigure{A cow}{\externalfigure[cow]} \stoptext The previous code displays an inconsistent caption prefix (first time a Romannumeral, second time a number): I Cool [figure] Figure I.1 A cow II Cat 2.1 Mouse 2.2 Dog [figure] Figure 2.1 A cow