What do you think about that Hans? Géry Ogam 2013/11/1 Géry Ogam > Hello Hans, > > I would like to prevent caption stoppers from appearing in references in > ConTeXt. > > Here is a minimal example: > > \starttext > \setupcaptions[numberstopper=.~---~, distance=0em] > \placefigure[][cow]{A Cow}{\externalfigure[cow]} > \in{Figure}[cow] shows a cow. > \stoptext > > Aditya suggested that I use suffix instead of numberstopper, which works > very well, but Wolgang said: > > ‘I’m sorry to disappoint you but there is no official solution to achieve > this. > > There are ways to change the stopper for section numbers in the heading and > the text but not for the other counters (floats, descriptions etc.). > > The solution you got from Aditya at stackexchange works but it’s more a > hack > because suffixes are used when you use a splitted float (e.g. a table > which spans > multiple pages) where you get 1.a., 1.b etc. (the a and b are suffixes) as > numbers.’ > > So since numberstoppers — of any kinds (for floats, sections, > descriptions) — are supposed to separate numbers from titles, it would be > logical that they don’t appear in references because references don’ have > titles, only numbers, so no separation sign (numberstopper) is needed. > Could you change that behaviour Hans, or add a command for setting the > layout of the numbers in references (separators, counter conversion, etc.)? > There is already such a command for section numbers and you only have to > add another one for other counters. > > Best regards. >