Hans, I think there is a bug in your s-pre-60.tex module regarding the step mechanism interacting with section blocks: the head titles disappear each time ConTeXt starts a new section block. I have found a way to solve this problem by putting \StartSteps\StopSteps (empty pair, and it works also with \StartStep\StopStep empty pair) right after the start of each section block, like this for instance: \startbodymatter\StartSteps\Stopsteps blablabla \stopbodymatter. Could you correct this? Here is a minimal example illustrating the problem: \usemodule[pre-60] \setupinteraction[state=start] \starttext \startfrontmatter \startsection[title=My frontmatter section] % <-- Title displayed: fine. \StartSteps \startitemize \item my item\FlushStep \item my item\FlushStep \item my item\FlushStep \stopitemize \StopSteps \stopsection \stopfrontmatter \startbodymatter \startsection[title=My bodymatter section] % <-- Title NOT displayed: bug? \StartSteps \startitemize \item my item\FlushStep \item my item\FlushStep \item my item\FlushStep \stopitemize \StopSteps \stopsection \stopbodymatter \startbackmatter \startsection[title=My backmatter section] % <-- Title NOT displayed: bug? \StartSteps \startitemize \item my item\FlushStep \item my item\FlushStep \item my item\FlushStep \stopitemize \StopSteps \stopsection \stopbackmatter \startappendices \startsection[title=My backmatter section] % <-- Title NOT displayed: bug? \StartSteps \startitemize \item my item\FlushStep \item my item\FlushStep \item my item\FlushStep \stopitemize \StopSteps \stopsection \stopappendices \stoptext Regards.