Thanks again Wolfgang, with this setup everything is fine. But I wanted to bring to the attention of Hans the inconsistency of the prefix conversions by defaut, so that he can correct them: I A chapter [a figure] Figure I.1 % <-- Here the conversion of the prefix to Romannumerals is done AUTOMATICALLY. 1.1 A section [a figure] Figure 1.2 % <-- Here the conversion of the prefix to Romannumerals is NOT done AUTOMATICALLY (the presence of a section before seems to DISCARD THE AUTOMATIC CONVERSION). Nor in the prefix of the section. Code: \setuphead[chapter][conversion=Romannumerals] \starttext \chapter{A chapter} \placefigure{}{\externalfigure} \section{A section} \placefigure{}{\externalfigure} \stoptext Every prefix should be AUTOMATICALLY converted, not half of them. Hans, could you please correct that in the next betas? Best regards.