* first-setup.sh & modules/goodies/extras
@ 2011-09-28 10:59 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2011-09-28 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

which of the following command options are (still) valid?

--modules=all
--extras=all
--goodies=all
--third=all

Which files (or in which directories) are affected by these options?

Is the asterisks '*' valid instead of 'all', i.e. e.g. --modules=* instead --modules=all?

Is there a document (This Way, MAPS...) or a wiki page which would describe this?

(I searched but found nothing...)

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr@pontex.cz]
Pontex s. r. o.      [mailto:pontex@pontex.cz] [http://www.pontex.cz]

Tel: +420 244 062 238
Fax: +420 244 461 038

* Re: first-setup.sh & modules/goodies/extras
@ 2011-09-28 11:16 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-09-28 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/9/28 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. <LPr@pontex.cz>:
> Hello,
>
> which of the following command options are (still) valid?
>
> --modules=all
> --extras=all
> --goodies=all
> --third=all
>
> Which files (or in which directories) are affected by these options?
>
> Is the asterisks '*' valid instead of 'all', i.e. e.g. --modules=* instead
> --modules=all?
>
> Is there a document (This Way, MAPS...) or a wiki page which would describe
> this?
>
> (I searched but found nothing...)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lukas

From http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone
sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all

and from http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts_in_LuaTeX#With_the_simplefonts_module
 first-setup.sh --extras="t-simplefonts"

sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all
seems to work, btw.
--
luigi

* Re: first-setup.sh & modules/goodies/extras
@ 2011-09-28 14:31   ` Procházka Lukáš
From: Procházka Lukáš @ 2011-09-28 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:16:19 +0200, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/9/28 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. <LPr@pontex.cz>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> which of the following command options are (still) valid?
>>
>> --modules=all
>> --extras=all
>> --goodies=all
>> --third=all
>>
>> Which files (or in which directories) are affected by these options?
>>
>> Is the asterisks '*' valid instead of 'all', i.e. e.g. --modules=* instead
>> --modules=all?
>>
>> Is there a document (This Way, MAPS...) or a wiki page which would describe
>> this?
>>
>> (I searched but found nothing...)
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Lukas
>>
> From http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone
> sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all
>
> and from http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts_in_LuaTeX#With_the_simplefonts_module
>  first-setup.sh --extras="t-simplefonts"

Hello,

I know these options, but I didn't know the "--goodies=all" one;
I saw it first several days ago in Thomas' topic "errors with simpleslides (style-specific)":

"
How did you obtain the module?

sh first-setup.sh --context=beta --fonts=all --modules=all --goodies=all
"

So thus my generalized question - what are other "secret/undocumented/unfindable" options, like "--goodies=...".

- My idea was to have all the options described on one place - wiki, manual, context.exe built-in help, whatever.

@ 2011-09-28 16:40     ` Ondřej Hošek
From: Ondřej Hošek @ 2011-09-28 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/9/28 Procházka Lukáš <LPr@pontex.cz>:
> So thus my generalized question - what are other
> "secret/undocumented/unfindable" options, like "--goodies=...".

They aren't all that undocumented. For my system, this lua script is
used, and there's a pretty nice help listing right at the top of the
code:
http://standalone.contextgarden.net/setup/linux-64/bin/mtx-update.lua

Note that the option --extras has been renamed to --modules. (This is
alluded to in a comment near the end of that Lua script.)

@Mojca and the Standalone squad: perhaps first-setup.sh (or its
successors) should pass on "--help" to the Lua script without doing
anything else?

Cheers,
~~ Ondra