* errors with simpleslides (style-specific)
@ 2011-09-27 21:15 Ondřej Hošek
From: Ondřej Hošek @ 2011-09-27 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt Users' List

Greetings,

I'm using ConTeXt Standalone 2011.09.27 20:05.

\usemodule[simpleslides][style=Shaded]
\starttext
\SlideTitle{The first slide}
Hello, world.
\SlideTitle{The second slide}
Greetings, world.
\stoptext

! Undefined control sequence.

system          > tex > error on line 5 in file slides.ctx: Undefined
control sequence ...

1     \usemodule[simpleslides][style=Shaded]
2     \starttext
3     \SlideTitle{The first slide}
4     Hello, world.
5 >>  \SlideTitle{The second slide}
6     Greetings, world.
7     \stoptext
8

<argument> \@@MPG \simpleslidescounter

\executeifdefined #1->\ifcsname #1
                                  \endcsname \csname #1\expandafter \expanda...
\includeMPgraphic ...\executeifdefined {\@@MPG #1}
                                                  ;
<argument> ...udeMPgraphic {\simpleslidescounter }
                                                   ; fi StopPage ;
\processMPgraphic ...ntMPgraphicformat ", \!!bs #1
                                                  ;\!!es , \!!bs \currentMPi...
\handleuseMPgraphic ...hics \processMPgraphic {#3}
                                                  \endgroup
l.5 \SlideTitle{The second slide}

Changing the style to "Swoosh" throws a different error message
("Undefined x coordinate has been replaced by 0.", apparently by
Metapost). Presentations consisting of a single slide are processed
without errors; from my cursory glance at the code, the problem lies
either with the setups or with the slide counter.

Cheers,
~~ Ondra

* Re: errors with simpleslides (style-specific)
@ 2011-09-27 21:21 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2011-09-27 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/27/2011 11:15 PM, Ondřej Hošek wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm using ConTeXt Standalone 2011.09.27 20:05.
>

> \usemodule[simpleslides][style=Shaded]
> \starttext
> \SlideTitle{The first slide}
> Hello, world.
> \SlideTitle{The second slide}
> Greetings, world.
> \stoptext

Thanks for reporting these problems. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce
them; your example compiles here both with the Shaded and with the
Swoosh style. How did you obtain the module?

Thomas

* Re: errors with simpleslides (style-specific)
@ 2011-09-27 21:40   ` Ondřej Hošek
From: Ondřej Hošek @ 2011-09-27 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 23:21, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> How did you obtain the module?

sh first-setup.sh --context=beta --fonts=all --modules=all --goodies=all

Just did a clean installation using this command; the problem's still
there. I should probably mention that I only tried mkiv.

@ 2011-09-28  5:38     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
       [not found]       ` <CAJLZGm+-LdALCgS7UiMdZuHGFruYEmff=MQagAr_-ySN=BBbvQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2011-09-28  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/27/2011 11:40 PM, Ondřej Hošek wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 23:21, Thomas A. Schmitz
> <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>  wrote:
>> How did you obtain the module?
>
> sh first-setup.sh --context=beta --fonts=all --modules=all --goodies=all
>
> Just did a clean installation using this command; the problem's still
> there. I should probably mention that I only tried mkiv.

Bizarre, I just checked, you must have the same version I have, and I
just upgraded to the latest beta; everything works fine here. Can you
send me (via private mail) the full log and/or terminal output of your
aborted run?

Thomas

* Re: errors with simpleslides (style-specific)
       [not found]           ` <CAJLZGmLsdPhAggLvrBf+sCid22+BJv10bnqdjtNfTnk06tF_VQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-09-28 10:19             ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2011-09-28 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ondřej Hošek, adityam, ntg-context

On 9/28/11 11:14 AM, Ondřej Hošek wrote:

OK, I see where your error comes from: I had experimented with a modular
design for the counters, and there is some leftover code of this
experiment in the version that I uploaded; sorry about this. (I had
created a designated counter submodule that is not yet in the uploaded
version because it isn't finished.) I will need to put this in a
consistent state. AFAICS, it's really just the two styles you mentioned;
can you users for the time being? I will need to discuss with Aditya, so
it may take a few days. Sorry about this...

Thomas

* Re: errors with simpleslides (style-specific)
@ 2011-09-30 10:07     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2011-09-30 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/27/2011 11:40 PM, Ondřej Hošek wrote:
> sh first-setup.sh --context=beta --fonts=all --modules=all --goodies=all
>
> Just did a clean installation using this command; the problem's still
> there. I should probably mention that I only tried mkiv.
>
> Cheers,
> ~~ Ondra

Ondra,

Aditya and I just rolled back these experimental changes (which
shouldn't have been in the released version anyway) and uploaded a new
version on the garden. Can you try this one? It should take care of the
problems you mentioned.

Thomas

* Re: errors with simpleslides (style-specific)
@ 2011-09-30 14:19       ` Ondřej Hošek
From: Ondřej Hošek @ 2011-09-30 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:07, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Aditya and I just rolled back these experimental changes (which shouldn't
> have been in the released version anyway) and uploaded a new version on the
> garden. Can you try this one? It should take care of the problems you
> mentioned.

The new version (t-simpleslides-2011.09.29.zip from
modules.contextgarden.net) indeed took care of the problems.

Thanks a lot!

~~ Ondra