* Math Overruns Background
@ 2012-10-26  5:28 Nicholas Ulle
From: Nicholas Ulle @ 2012-10-26  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm trying to typeset an exam with solutions in framed or shaded boxes,
using \background. However, the background doesn't stretch to the bottom of
the text area when there is text preceding it, so if there is enough math
inside the background, the math overruns its lower bound. How can I get
everything to stay inside the background?

A minimal example:

\starttext

\input knuth

\startbackground

\input knuth

\dorecurse{20}{\startformula \sum_{i=0}^5 i \stopformula}

\stopbackground

\stoptext

I've tried some of the options in \setupbackground with no luck, and have
also tried Googling for an answer.

Thanks,

Nick

* Re: Math Overruns Background
@ 2012-10-26 14:14 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-10-26 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012, Nicholas Ulle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to typeset an exam with solutions in framed or shaded boxes,
> using \background. However, the background doesn't stretch to the bottom of
> the text area when there is text preceding it, so if there is enough math
> inside the background, the math overruns its lower bound. How can I get
> everything to stay inside the background?
>
> A minimal example:
>
> \starttext
>
> \input knuth
>
> \startbackground
>
> \input knuth
>
> \dorecurse{20}{\startformula \sum_{i=0}^5 i \stopformula}
>
> \stopbackground
>
> \stoptext
>

> I've tried some of the options in \setupbackground with no luck, and have
> also tried Googling for an answer.

Try textbackground rather than background (untested).

Aditya

* Re: Math Overruns Background
@ 2012-10-26 18:34   ` Nicholas Ulle
From: Nicholas Ulle @ 2012-10-26 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)