Hi, I would like the bibliography to rendered with only the first author and then et al, so I tried \definebtxrendering[example][dataset=example,method=local,alternative=apa] \setupbtxlistvariant[etallimit=2,etaldisplay=2,etaltext={\it et al}] but without success. This was my first step. In fact, I would like to use it on my customized bibliography below. \definebtxdataset[example] \usebtxdataset[example][../social.bib] \definebtxrendering[example][dataset=example,method=local,alternative=flavien] \setupbtxlistvariant[etallimit=2,etaldisplay=2,etaltext={\it et al}] \startsetups btx:flavien:article \btxfield{author}\crlf {\bf \btxfield{journal}}: \btxfield{pages}, volume~\btxfield{volume} (\btxfield{number}), \btxfield{year}\crlf {\it \btxfield{title}} \startframedtext[frame=on,leftframe=on,rightframe=off,topframe=off,bottomframe=off,location=middle,align=right,width=0.9\textwidth,bodyfont=small] \btxfield{abstract} \stopframedtext \stopsetups Thanks, F.