Hello, I'm relatively quite new to TeX world. This is my first message to list. I hope you understand me, English isn't my mother language. I'm trying to use a variable set by \setvariable in Lua. I tried some combinations, based on manual but I couldn't succeed. The code below exemplifies what I wanted to do. \starttext \setvariable{namespace}{var}{Some context} \ctxlua{ local s = context.getvariable("namespace", "var") if s == "" then ... else ... end } \stoptext I know that I can use some of \if* TeX commands, but coding in Lua is better to me. -- Wagner Macedo