Wolfgang and Rik Thank you very much. This was exactly what I needed. I'll add these to http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts_in_LuaTeX Michael > You can find a description about the options in the old and new fonts > manuals: > > - http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mfonts.pdf > - http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/fonts-mkiv.pdf > > Wolfgang > > > Font definition in ConTeXt allows extreme degrees of indirection. There > is a lot of flexibility that follows from this. By defining synonyms > such as serif and serifbold and using these in the document, the > document can be written independently of the actual fonts used. The > names are to some degree arbitrary, but used conventionally. There is > nothing stopping you from placing a sans font at the end of a chain of > serif references. > Rik >