Thank you very much. I was using the (old) bibtex module. Using the mkvi publication mechanism was the key. Antoine On 19 January 2017 at 16:19, Alan Braslau wrote: > On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 08:19:03 +0100 > Antoine Cailliau wrote: > > > How can I adjust the publication list to display [Kup03a] instead of > > [2] ? The numbering option does not offer "key" apparently. > > Using the mkiv publications mechanism, you can get short \cite keys > by default using > > \setupbtx[alternative=short] > > Individually, you can use \cite[short][yourkey] > > > Then you will also have to modify the bibliography list rendering to > display the short key. This is slightly more complicated, as presently > only the APA and APS styles have been predefined, the first being an > "authoryear" scheme and the second being a "num" scheme. > > Starting with the APS style: > > \usebtxdefinitions[aps] > > \definebtxrendering > [mystyle] > [aps] % inherits from "aps" > [sorttype=short, > numbering=short] > > > \cite[...] > > ... > > \placelistofpublications[mystyle] > > > However, you really want to define a complete style for your rendering. > > Alan >