* Formula numbering conversion
@ 2017-02-27 15:55 Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2017-02-27 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

The following code is documented to change the numbering of the equations.

However, this still use numerals for the equations.

\setupformulas[conversion=characters]

\starttext

\placeformula[test]
\startformula E = mc^2 \stopformula

\stoptext

Is this a bug ? Is it the correct way to change the numbering ?

Any help is welcome. Thank you in advance,

Antoine C.

* Re: Formula numbering conversion
@ 2017-02-27 16:18 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-02-27 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/27/2017 04:55 PM, Antoine Cailliau wrote:
> The following code is documented to change the numbering of the equations.
> However, this still use numerals for the equations.
> [...]
> Is this a bug ? Is it the correct way to change the numbering ?

Hi Antoine,

it’s numberconversion (as it reads in “ConTeXt Commands”):

    \setupformulas[numberconversion=greek]
    \setupbodyfont[dejavu]
    \starttext
    \placeformula[test]
    \startformula E = mc^2 \stopformula
    \stoptext

BTW, if this is wrong documented in the wiki, please correct it for
future reference.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Formula numbering conversion
@ 2017-02-27 16:28   ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2017-02-27 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks.

I updated the wiki.

@ 2017-02-27 18:22     ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2017-02-27 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I try to replicate the following :
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2006/021038.html (i.e. the
equivalent of \tag in latex/amsmath). More precisely this:

> %------------------------8<--------------------------
> \def\placeformulatag%
>    {\dosingleempty\doplaceformulatag}
> \def\doplaceformulatag[#1]#2%
>    {\let\normalstopformula\stopformula
>     \def\stopformula%
>      {\normalstopformula
>       \restorenumber[formula]
>       \egroup
>       \let\stopformula\normalstopformula}
>       \bgroup
>       \savenumber[formula]
>       \def\dummyconversion##1{#2}
>       \defineconversion[dummyconversion][\dummyconversion]
>       \setupformulas[conversion=dummyconversion]
>       \placeformula[#1]}
>
> \starttext
> \placeformulatag[tag]{test} \startformula
>    E = mc^2
> \stopformula
> See \in formula[tag] for a tagged formula
> \stoptext
> %----------------------------8<-------------------------

However, the following (simpler) code produce an "Undefined control
sequence" when using \in command.

\starttext
> {
>   \def\a#1{test}
>   \defineconversion[a][\a]
>   \setupformulae[numberconversion=a]
>   \placeformula[test]
>   \startformula E = mc^2 \stopformula
> }
> This is my reference: \in{formula}[test].
> \stoptext

The following code, does not produce the error, but is not practical for
the reproducing the \tag command.

> \starttext
> {
>   \def\a#1{test}
>   \defineconversion[a][\a]
>   \setupformulae[numberconversion=a]
>   \placeformula[test]
>   \startformula E = mc^2 \stopformula
>   This is my reference: \in{formula}[test].
> }
> \stoptext

What am I doing wrong? I guess the command \a is no longer defined when the
compiler hit \in but how can I ensure that such local definition stay
accessible ?

Thank you in advance,

Antoine C.

@ 2017-03-02  6:59       ` Antoine Cailliau