* How to define a new font style using \definefontstyle?
@ 2017-01-23 11:48 Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2017-01-23 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to declare a new font style. I declare it with \definefontstyle
[sx] [sx] but the compilation fails when I use \sx in my document.

I found an older message from 2009 similar to my issue but with public
solution. May be some private response from Hans Hagen is missing? (
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2009/043067.html)

Here is a minimal example:

\definefontstyle [sx] [sx]
\definetypeface  [source] [sx] [semiextended] [myriadpro] [optical]

\starttypescript [semiextended] [optical] [size]
  \definebodyfont [11pt] [sx] [tf=SansSemiExtended sa 1]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [semiextended] [myriadpro]
\definefontsynonym [SansSemiExtended] [file:MyriadPro-SemiExt.otf]
[features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttext

{\sx ABCDEFGHIJKLM\par
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ\par
abcdefghijklm\par
nopqrstuvwxyz\par
1234567890}

\stoptext

Thanks for your help,

Antoine C.

* Re: How to define a new font style using \definefontstyle?
@ 2017-01-30  8:12 ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2017-01-30  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

No one? Is there a documentation somewhere or an example I could refer to?

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

@ 2017-01-30 18:43   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-01-30 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/30/2017 9:12 AM, Antoine Cailliau wrote:
> No one? Is there a documentation somewhere or an example I could refer to?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Antoine
>
> On 23 January 2017 at 12:48, Antoine Cailliau <antoinecailliau@gmail.com
> <mailto:antoinecailliau@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I'm trying to declare a new font style. I declare it
>     with \definefontstyle [sx] [sx] but the compilation fails when I use
>     \sx in my document.

easier:

\starttypescript [sans] [myriadpro]
%     \definefontsynonym [SansSemiExtended]
[file:MyriadPro-SemiExt.otf][features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [Sans]           [name:dejavusans]
[features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansBold]       [name:dejavusansbold]
[features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]     [name:dejavusansitalic]
[features=default]
     \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic]
[name:dejavusansbolditalic][features=default]
\stoptypescript

\definetypeface  [source] [ss] [sans] [myriadpro]
\definetypeface  [source] [mm] [math] [modern]

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

\starttext

{\source\ss ABCDEFGHIJKLM\par
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ\par