* Using key as numbering in \placepublications
@ 2016-11-16 10:04 Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2016-11-16 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm writing my thesis using ConTeXt but I'm not satisfied with the way the
publication list is displayed.
I'd like to display the key, in brackets, in front of every publication in
the list (i.e. replace the [2] numbering in front of it by [Sha07] for
example). The numbering option only offers yes, no, short and bib. I'd like
a "key" option.

How can I achieve that? Any clue, example and/or suggestion is welcome,

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

* Re: Using key as numbering in \placepublications
@ 2017-01-19  7:19 ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2017-01-19  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

My question seems to raise no interest, or at least answer :)

To illustrate my problem. My publication list display "[1]", "[2]", etc.
See: http://imgur.com/wVGqNPq

But my text display [Kup03a] for example
See: http://imgur.com/TEsiynq

How can I adjust the publication list to display [Kup03a] instead of [2] ?
The numbering option does not offer "key" apparently.

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

@ 2017-01-19 15:19   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-01-19 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 08:19:03 +0100
Antoine Cailliau <antoinecailliau@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I adjust the publication list to display [Kup03a] instead of
> [2] ? The numbering option does not offer "key" apparently.

Using the mkiv publications mechanism, you can get short \cite keys
by default using

\setupbtx[alternative=short]

Individually, you can use \cite[short][yourkey]

Then you will also have to modify the bibliography list rendering to
display the short key. This is slightly more complicated, as presently
only the APA and APS styles have been predefined, the first being an
"authoryear" scheme and the second being a "num" scheme.

Starting with the APS style:

\usebtxdefinitions[aps]

\definebtxrendering
  [mystyle]
  [aps] % inherits from "aps"
  [sorttype=short,
   numbering=short]

\cite[...]

\placelistofpublications[mystyle]

However, you really want to define a complete style for your rendering.

Alan

* Re: Using key as numbering in \placepublications
@ 2017-01-23 10:06     ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2017-01-23 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)