Hello, I have a table of contents that now has grown to span several pages. Before that I used the following setup: \definemakeup [contentspage] \setupmakeup [contentspage][% footerstate={stop}, headerstate={stop}, pagestate={stop}, page={yes}, bottom={\vfill}, top={}, ] \setuplayout [contentspage][% footer={\zeropoint}, header={\zeropoint}, ] \setuplayout [contentspage][% footerdistance={\zeropoint}, headerdistance={\zeropoint}, ] \startcontentspagemakeup \setupwhitespace [line] % ToC \stopcontentspagemakeup and that indeed worked when ToC spanned only one page. Since page breaking does not work inside `makeup', I had ti give it up. Now I try the following: \start \setupheader[state={stop}] \setupfooter[state={stop}] \setuppagenumbering[state={stop}] \setuplayout[% footer={\zeropoint}, header={\zeropoint}, ] \setuplayout[% footerdistance={\zeropoint}, headerdistance={\zeropoint}, ] % ToC \stop Why after `\stop' previous setups for `layout', `header', `footer', and `pagenumbering' do not restore? Is there a way to achieve this or do I have to manually duplicate the setups which were before `\start'? Thank you. Kind regards, Alexander