* Sorting items in Lua
@ 2021-04-18 14:21 Jairo A. del Rio
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2021-04-18 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, list. I want to know how to use ConTeXt sorters, as those used in
registers, in Lua. Like this:

\starttext

\startluacode

--Spanish

local list = {"ñandú", "perrera", "zócalo", "árnica"}

--What's "sortingfunction"?

context(table.concat(sortingfunction(list)," "))

\stopluacode

\stoptext

Also, as registers allow to set a language for sorting, I want to know how
to do the same through Lua, e.g., sorting the same list according to
English and then Spanish rules. I've searched for examples in the archive,
but I've only found cases working on the TeX side. Thank you in advance.

Jairo

* Re: Sorting items in Lua
@ 2021-04-18 15:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-04-18 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/18/2021 4:21 PM, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:

> Also, as registers allow to set a language for sorting, I want to know
> how to do the same through Lua, e.g., sorting the same list according to
> English and then Spanish rules. I've searched for examples in the
> archive, but I've only found cases working on the TeX side. Thank you in
> advance.

hint: the test suite
  Hans

* Re: Sorting items in Lua