Woah, nice! I was trying to pass some values to MetaPost via Lua (usual laziness to learn macro languages). Thank you a lot, especially because I was looking at the wrong functions in the token namespace. I'll upload a more specific example soon while I polish some code. Very thankful. Jairo :) El lun, 18 de ene. de 2021 a la(s) 05:02, Taco Hoekwater (taco@bittext.nl) escribió: > > > > On 18 Jan 2021, at 10:45, Hans Hagen wrote: > > > > On 1/18/2021 1:58 AM, Jairo A. del Rio wrote: > >> Hi, list. > >> I want to get some dimensions in Lua. See, for instance > >> \starttext > >> \the\dimexpr\availablehsize\relax %say, 426pt > >> \stoptext > >> Is there an equivalent in ConTeXt for Lua, i.e. without passing values > from TeX or, at least, using only Lua commands? Thank you in advance. > > tex being tex, there is always a way ... > > There is also this option: > > % function returns scaled points > \startluacode > function availablehsize() > local l = tex.dimen.hsize - tex.skip.leftskip.width - > tex.skip.rightskip.width > if tex.count.hangafter<0 then > local h = tex.dimen.hangindent > if h>0 then l = l - h else l = l + h end > end > return l > end > \stopluacode > > But I suspect that there are multiple cases where this does not work > (like when used in horizontal mode, for example if the par setting changes > before the \par is seen, or when there is data in the local par node) > > Best wishes, > Taco > > — > Taco Hoekwater E: taco@bittext.nl > genderfluid (all pronouns) > > > > > > > >