* Using Lua files in project structure
@ 2020-04-05 13:00 Jairo A. del Rio
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2020-04-05 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm writing a project in ConTeXt MKIV and I want to load some (pure) Lua
libraries and bindings (defining \ctxlua and the like). For instance, I
have the file foo.lua with some macros and I want to use them in my
project. Something like this:

\startproject project
%\component foo.lua %This does not work
%\environment foo.lua %This does not work
%\input foo.lua %This does not work
%\directlua{dofile("foo.lua")} %This does not work even when the project
file and foo.lua are in the same folder.
\stopproject

What should I do? Thank you in advance.

* Re: Using Lua files in project structure
@ 2020-04-05 13:10 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2020-04-05 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05.04.20 15:00, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:
> I'm writing a project in ConTeXt MKIV and I want to load some (pure) Lua
> libraries and bindings (defining \ctxlua and the like). For instance, I
> have the file foo.lua with some macros and I want to use them in my
> project. Something like this:
>
> \startproject project
> %\component foo.lua %This does not work
> %\environment foo.lua %This does not work
> %\input foo.lua %This does not work
> %\directlua{dofile("foo.lua")} %This does not work even when the project
> file and foo.lua are in the same folder.
> \stopproject
>
> What should I do? Thank you in advance.

Have you tried

\registerctxluafile{foo}{} ?

That's the way context loads its lua files.

Thomas

* Re: Using Lua files in project structure
@ 2020-04-05 13:39 ` mf
From: mf @ 2020-04-05 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Il 05/04/20 15:00, Jairo A. del Rio ha scritto:
> I'm writing a project in ConTeXt MKIV and I want to load some (pure) Lua
> libraries and bindings (defining \ctxlua and the like). For instance, I
> have the file foo.lua with some macros and I want to use them in my
> project. Something like this:
>
> \startproject project
> %\component foo.lua %This does not work
> %\environment foo.lua %This does not work
> %\input foo.lua %This does not work
> %\directlua{dofile("foo.lua")} %This does not work even when the project

\directlua{require("foo")}

or

\startluacode
   require("foo")
\stopluacode

> file and foo.lua are in the same folder.
> \stopproject
>
> What should I do? Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,
Massi

* Re: Using Lua files in project structure
@ 2020-04-05 14:28 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-04-05 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jairo A. del Rio schrieb am 05.04.2020 um 15:00:
> I'm writing a project in ConTeXt MKIV and I want to load some (pure) Lua
> libraries and bindings (defining \ctxlua and the like). For instance, I
> have the file foo.lua with some macros and I want to use them in my
> project. Something like this:
>
> \startproject project
> %\component foo.lua %This does not work
> %\environment foo.lua %This does not work
> %\input foo.lua %This does not work
> %\directlua{dofile("foo.lua")} %This does not work even when the project
> file and foo.lua are in the same folder.
> \stopproject
>
> What should I do? Thank you in advance.

1. \luaenvironment <file>

2. \useluamodule [<file>]

3. \ctxloadluafile {<file>}

4. \loadluafile [<file>] or \loadluafileonce [<file>]

Wolfgang

* Re: Using Lua files in project structure
@ 2020-04-05 15:49   ` Jairo A. del Rio
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2020-04-05 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

None of them work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I have my project file (say, "main.tex") in a folder (say, "Main") and
projects in a subfolder (say "Products").
I've written some Lua macros in a file (say, "foo.lua") and I need all the
products to be able to call those Lua functions, so I tried loading them in
the project file ("foo.lua" and "main.tex" are in the same folder, whereas
products are in the subfolder). \usepath works for finding other files,
such as images, so I don't know what is going on. I'm attaching a test
project.

El dom., 5 de abr. de 2020 a la(s) 09:28, Wolfgang Schuster (
wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com) escribió:

> Jairo A. del Rio schrieb am 05.04.2020 um 15:00:
> > I'm writing a project in ConTeXt MKIV and I want to load some (pure) Lua
> > libraries and bindings (defining \ctxlua and the like). For instance, I
> > have the file foo.lua with some macros and I want to use them in my
> > project. Something like this:
> >
> > \startproject project
> > %\component foo.lua %This does not work
> > %\environment foo.lua %This does not work
> > %\input foo.lua %This does not work
> > %\directlua{dofile("foo.lua")} %This does not work even when the project
> > file and foo.lua are in the same folder.
> > \stopproject
> >
> > What should I do? Thank you in advance.
>
> 1. \luaenvironment <file>
>
> 2. \useluamodule [<file>]
>
> 3. \ctxloadluafile {<file>}
>
> 4. \loadluafile [<file>] or \loadluafileonce [<file>]
>
> Wolfgang

[-- Attachment #2: Test.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 1118 bytes --]

* Re: Using Lua files in project structure
@ 2020-04-05 16:05     ` Wolfgang Schuster
       [not found]       ` <CAKyqqabbbkDX38CjPk+AGmJ+GqpEKKbq9S0deddhVuM_UnLKnQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-04-05 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jairo A. del Rio schrieb am 05.04.2020 um 17:49:
> None of them work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I guess so because

     \loadluafile[testh.lua]

and

     \luaenvironment testh.lua

work for me.

Wolfgang

* Re: Using Lua files in project structure
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2020-04-05 16:19 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-04-05 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:

> I'm writing a project in ConTeXt MKIV and I want to load some (pure) Lua
> libraries and bindings (defining \ctxlua and the like). For instance, I
> have the file foo.lua with some macros and I want to use them in my
> project. Something like this:
>
> \startproject project
> %\component foo.lua %This does not work
> %\environment foo.lua %This does not work
> %\input foo.lua %This does not work
> %\directlua{dofile("foo.lua")} %This does not work even when the project
> file and foo.lua are in the same folder.
> \stopproject

I have been \environment foo.lua for an old project (which
has been running without significant changes for about 10 years now). I
tested it again, and it is working on LMTX 2019.12.31.

Has something changed in the recent versions? (I should upgrade and check)

Aditya

* Fwd:  Using Lua files in project structure
       [not found]       ` <CAKyqqabbbkDX38CjPk+AGmJ+GqpEKKbq9S0deddhVuM_UnLKnQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-04-06 13:59         ` Jairo A. del Rio
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2020-04-06 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-04-06 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:

> Well, I'll be more specific. I attach a zip file showing a minimal example
> of what I achieved so far and its output (labelled "Works") and what I
> actually want, but does not work (labelled "Doesnotwork"). I've tried
> different commands and combinations, all of them useless. As a side note,
> I'm porting some TikZ functions. Although it is not recommended in ConTeXt,
> some of them are really necessary to me.

I didn't try to completely debug what is going wrong in your setup, but
here is a simpler way to achieve the same result. I am using components
because (i) it works and (ii) I don't use the product-project setup
regularly enough to debug it quicky.

Aditya

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/zip, Size: 40731 bytes --]

@ 2020-04-06 16:34         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-04-06 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jairo A. del Rio; +Cc: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Jairo A. del Rio schrieb am 06.04.2020 um 15:58:
> Well, I'll be more specific. I attach a zip file showing a minimal
> example of what I achieved so far and its output (labelled "Works") and
> what I actually want, but does not work (labelled "Doesnotwork"). I've
> tried different commands and combinations, all of them useless. As a
> side note, I'm porting some TikZ functions. Although it is not
> recommended in ConTeXt, some of them are really necessary to me.

You use dofile(...) in your environment and Lua files
but this doesn't work when you load files which aren't
in the current directory or in your TeX installation.

Wolfgang

* Re: Fwd: Using Lua files in project structure
@ 2020-04-06 16:38             ` Jairo A. del Rio
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2020-04-06 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)