* last beta this year
@ 2019-12-31 10:50 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-12-31 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded the last beta for this years so we will leave all old bugs
behind us. Here's a bit of agenda:

- mkiv will use luatex so as part of the upcoming tl code freeze that
needs the usual testing;

- next year i suppose that lmtx will be used by the majority of users

- we need to (read mojca and i will do that when we're in the mood)
adapt the garden infrastructure for installing lmtx; part of that is
also the context repository

- we have to think about how to deal with the extra modules as part of
that (basics are already there)

- idris, mohammad, wolfgang and i are trying to make right-to-left
handling of layout related items more complete and consistent, expect
more next year

- i expect to do some more luametafun stuff, maybe some cleanup of old
code, maybe a bitmore split between old mkiv and new lmtx

- i also want to do some pending font trickery, probably lmtx only

- wolfgang (he doesn't know that yet) and i (and maybe some others) are
going to think about some lightweight protection of core macros (using
some new lmtx features) .. i'm curious to know if and how frequently
users are bitten by accidental redefinitions

- aditya (he knows) has to pick up on some pending math issues so math
will get better too

- thomas (he also knows as he needs it) and i are looking into some
tricky layout things related to synchronizing content

- i want to see if the installation can be more automatic (as we
basically need a real minimalistic copy-end-run approach in for instance
texlive for lmtx)

- i need to move some pending stuff into all kind of manuals (but will
probably forget about it unless i run into new cd's to keep me occupied
while doing it)

- there will be a ctx meeting in czech (at the place we've been before)

- in addition, next year will see the wiki being improved, something
Taco and Pavneet and others are / have been working on; feel free to
contribute to that effort!

So, upto next year,

Hans

* Re: last beta this year
@ 2019-12-31 12:52 ` Floris van Manen
From: Floris van Manen @ 2019-12-31 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 31-12-2019 11:50, Hans Hagen wrote:

> So, upto next year,

tomorrow will be day 737424 as of counting from day 1
;-)
.F

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* Re: last beta this year