From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Prefix for figure number lost in unnumbered subsection
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 22:25:28 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 5/13/2015 10:38 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As this works properly in MkII: should I simply switch to MkII ;) or
>> is there some kind of a workaround in MkIV as well?
>

> \setuphead
>   [subsubsection]
>   [incrementnumber=no]

Thank you. This solves the problem, but isn't current behaviour
(without "incrementnumber=no") some kind of a bug?

- Once a figure gets a number like "3.4", isn't it a bug if the
reference to that figure says "Figure 4"?
- (I find it a bit problematic that figures are numbered "1.1", "2", "1.3".)

While I could at least understand why implementing the second thing
properly might be a bit more challenging, I don't understand why a
reference would ever be allowed to change the original label.

I'm experiencing a similar problem with figures in appendices (I
already reported it, but I need to find that mail).

And there's another tiny problem that's partially a consequence of a
human mistake. If a reference is missing, \in[reference] would print
"??". But if one accidentally tries to reference some unnumbered
subsubsection, \in doesn't print anything to even remotely indicate an
error. (The origin of the error was initially referencing
subsubsections in one chapter, then removing numbers of subsubsections
for the sake of another chapter and it took a while until the problem
was spotted.)

Mojca