* font directory for ConTeXt Standalone
@ 2012-02-09 16:33 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-02-09 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I have just installed the latest beta using ConTeXt Standalone. Many
thanks for the great work.

I have a question: the wiki explains that the system fonts should be set
in Linux with "export OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts;$HOME/.fonts"
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Font-Dir).

It should be set after "# TODO: we could set OSFONTDIR on Mac for
example", but I'm afraid I don't have such a line on my tex/setuptex file.

Where should I set the export line?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.oudeis.tk

* Re: font directory for ConTeXt Standalone
@ 2012-02-09 16:41 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-02-09 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

2012/2/9 Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
> Hi there,
>
> I have just installed the latest beta using ConTeXt Standalone. Many
> thanks for the great work.
>
> I have a question: the wiki explains that the system fonts should be set
> in Linux with "export OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts;$HOME/.fonts"
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Font-Dir).
>
> It should be set after "# TODO: we could set OSFONTDIR on Mac for
> example", but I'm afraid I don't have such a line on my tex/setuptex file.
>
> Where should I set the export line?
on a new shell shell
--
luigi

* Re: font directory for ConTeXt Standalone
@ 2012-02-09 17:02   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-02-09 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/09/2012 05:41 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
> 2012/2/9 Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have just installed the latest beta using ConTeXt Standalone. Many
>> thanks for the great work.
>>
>> I have a question: the wiki explains that the system fonts should be set
>> in Linux with "export OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts;$HOME/.fonts"
>> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Font-Dir).
>>
>> It should be set after "# TODO: we could set OSFONTDIR on Mac for
>> example", but I'm afraid I don't have such a line on my tex/setuptex file.
>>
>> Where should I set the export line?
> on a new shell shell

Thanks for reply, Luigi.

I'm afraid I don't understand you. I meant where I should write the
export line in the tex/setuptex file.

Thanks,

Pablo
--

@ 2012-02-09 17:16     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-02-09 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

2012/2/9 Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
> On 02/09/2012 05:41 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
>> 2012/2/9 Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I have just installed the latest beta using ConTeXt Standalone. Many
>>> thanks for the great work.
>>>
>>> I have a question: the wiki explains that the system fonts should be set
>>> in Linux with "export OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts;$HOME/.fonts"
>>> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Font-Dir).
>>>
>>> It should be set after "# TODO: we could set OSFONTDIR on Mac for
>>> example", but I'm afraid I don't have such a line on my tex/setuptex file.
>>>
>>> Where should I set the export line?
>> on a new shell shell
>
> Thanks for reply, Luigi.
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand you. I meant where I should write the
> export line in the tex/setuptex file.
>
> Thanks,
uh right. Try at the end.
Or you can try
$> source setuptex; export OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts;$HOME/.fonts"

or build your script in the same folder of setuptex
#/usr/bin/bash

@ 2012-02-09 18:09       ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-02-09 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/09/2012 06:16 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
> 2012/2/9 Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>> [...]
>> Thanks for reply, Luigi.
>>
>> I'm afraid I don't understand you. I meant where I should write the
>> export line in the tex/setuptex file.
>>
> uh right. Try at the end.

Thanks for your reply. I'll wikify this.

Pablo
--

@ 2012-02-10  1:13     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2012-02-10  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

2012/2/9 Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
> On 02/09/2012 05:41 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
>> 2012/2/9 Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I have just installed the latest beta using ConTeXt Standalone. Many
>>> thanks for the great work.
>>>
>>> I have a question: the wiki explains that the system fonts should be set
>>> in Linux with "export OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts;$HOME/.fonts"
>>> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone#Font-Dir).
>>>
>>> It should be set after "# TODO: we could set OSFONTDIR on Mac for
>>> example", but I'm afraid I don't have such a line on my tex/setuptex file.
>>>
>>> Where should I set the export line?
>> on a new shell shell
>
> Thanks for reply, Luigi.
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand you. I meant where I should write the
> export line in the tex/setuptex file.

Anywhere, it doesn't matter, but you should create your own file (copy
of setuptex or even just a single file with export
PATH=$PATH;/path/to/your/tex/binaries), else the changes will be
overwritten next time when you update.

On the other hand you can just as well set OSFONTDIR in .bash_profile,
.bashrc or whatever your system uses.

Mojca