* Russian sentence in Czech text in Mark II in ConTeXt Suite installation on Linux in UTF8
@ 2012-09-19 11:19 Michal Kvasnička
From: Michal Kvasnička @ 2012-09-19 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hallo.

I have to typeset one Russian sentence (cyrillic) in a Czech document
in ConTeXt Mark II (texexec) in ConTeXt Suite (minimal installation)
on Linux. I use UTF8 encoding. Is there any simple way to do it? I'm
willing to accept any font to avoid font difficulties. Can you help me
please? Many thanks.

Best wishes,
Michal

* Re: Russian sentence in Czech text in Mark II in ConTeXt Suite installation on Linux in UTF8
@ 2012-09-19 11:39 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-09-19 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-9-2012 13:19, Michal Kvasnička wrote:
> Hallo.
>
> I have to typeset one Russian sentence (cyrillic) in a Czech document
> in ConTeXt Mark II (texexec) in ConTeXt Suite (minimal installation)
> on Linux. I use UTF8 encoding. Is there any simple way to do it? I'm
> willing to accept any font to avoid font difficulties. Can you help me
> please? Many thanks.

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-09-24  8:50 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2012-09-24  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Michal Kvasnička wrote:
> Hallo.
>
> I have to typeset one Russian sentence (cyrillic) in a Czech document
> in ConTeXt Mark II (texexec) in ConTeXt Suite (minimal installation)
> on Linux. I use UTF8 encoding. Is there any simple way to do it? I'm
> willing to accept any font to avoid font difficulties. Can you help me
> please? Many thanks.

The following is not the only option and you can choose any font that
supports Cyrillic. The example below uses Gentium, but any font with
name t2a-something inside fonts/tfm/... would do.

\enableregime[utf-8]
% most fonts in ConTeXt don't need this extra line, but type-gentium
is not part of ConTeXt core
\usetypescriptfile[type-gentium]

% same as in type-gentium.tex, but you need a different font name to
be able to switch between encodings
% if you would only need Russian, it would suffice to use
\usetypescript[gentium][t2a]
\starttypescript [gentium-rus] [t2a]
  \definetypeface [gentium] [rm] [serif] [gentium] [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[gentium][ec]
\usetypescript[gentium-rus][t2a]

\setupbodyfont[gentium]

\starttext

program pro počítačovou sazbu {\switchtobodyfont[gentium-rus]система
компьютерной вёрстки}

\stoptext

Mojca