* transluency/transparency
@ 2012-06-04  8:33 Jan Pohanka
From: Jan Pohanka @ 2012-06-04  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

is it possible to somehow set transluency or transparency of several
objects?
The example should clarify, what I need: I have a template for company
documents, which has some text, lines and graphics (external pdf or png)
in its footer. Now I want to make the header be less visible than the rest
of the page. Surely I can set a color of the text to gray and edit the
image, but is there some other way?

best regards
Jan

--
Tato zpráva byla vytvořena převratnou poštovní aplikací Opery:
http://www.opera.com/mail/

* Re: transluency/transparency
@ 2012-06-04  8:47 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2012-06-04  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:33:14 +0200
Jan Pohanka <xhpohanka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to somehow set transluency or transparency of several
> objects?
> The example should clarify, what I need: I have a template for
> company documents, which has some text, lines and graphics (external
> pdf or png) in its footer. Now I want to make the header be less
> visible than the rest of the page. Surely I can set a color of the
> text to gray and edit the image, but is there some other way?
>
> best regards
> Jan

See page 204, section 8.5 of the metafun book

loadfigure "gracht.mp" number 1 scaled .5 ;
addto currentpicture also
(currentpicture softened .8)
shifted (bbwidth(currentpicture)+.5cm,0) ;

(this example draws the picture alongside its "softened" copy.)

Alan

* Re: transluency/transparency
@ 2012-06-04  9:45   ` Jan Pohanka
From: Jan Pohanka @ 2012-06-04  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> See page 204, section 8.5 of the metafun book
>
> loadfigure "gracht.mp" number 1 scaled .5 ;
> addto currentpicture also
> (currentpicture softened .8)
> shifted (bbwidth(currentpicture)+.5cm,0) ;

thank you for the hint, but it seems, that softened does not work for
externalfigure

\startMPcode
draw externalfigure "logo.pdf" scaled 5cm softened 0.5;
\stopMPcode

<inserted text> ...lable:=true; ;;;;]===], false)}

\meta_process_graphic ...!!es , \MPaskedfigure )}}
                                                   \egroup \placeMPgraphic
\m...

regards
Jan

--

@ 2012-06-04 12:02     ` Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2012-06-04 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 4, 2012, at 5:45 AM, Jan Pohanka wrote:

>> See page 204, section 8.5 of the metafun book
>>
>> loadfigure "gracht.mp" number 1 scaled .5 ;
>> addto currentpicture also
>> (currentpicture softened .8)
>> shifted (bbwidth(currentpicture)+.5cm,0) ;
>>

> thank you for the hint, but it seems, that softened does not work for externalfigure
>
> \startMPcode
> draw externalfigure "logo.pdf" scaled 5cm softened 0.5;
> \stopMPcode
>
> <inserted text> ...lable:=true; ;;;;]===], false)}
>
> \meta_process_graphic ...!!es , \MPaskedfigure )}}
>                                                  \egroup \placeMPgraphic \m...
>
> regards
> Jan

What about drawing a translucent white rectangle over the graphic?

________________________________

prohibited.

* Re: transluency/transparency
@ 2012-06-04 14:36       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2012-06-04 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Rogers, Michael K wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2012, at 5:45 AM, Jan Pohanka wrote:
>
>>> See page 204, section 8.5 of the metafun book
>>>
>>> loadfigure "gracht.mp" number 1 scaled .5 ;
>>> addto currentpicture also
>>> (currentpicture softened .8)
>>> shifted (bbwidth(currentpicture)+.5cm,0) ;
>>>

>> thank you for the hint, but it seems, that softened does not work for externalfigure
>>
>> \startMPcode
>> draw externalfigure "logo.pdf" scaled 5cm softened 0.5;
>> \stopMPcode
>>
>> <inserted text> ...lable:=true; ;;;;]===], false)}
>>
>> \meta_process_graphic ...!!es , \MPaskedfigure )}}
>>                                                  \egroup \placeMPgraphic \m...
>>
>> regards
>> Jan
>
> What about drawing a translucent white rectangle over the graphic?

I wanted to say that Hans already implemented some code to add
transparency (or even transparent masks) to bitmap images, but I'm
still not sure how to use that code.

However, drawing a transparent white rectangle over the bitmap graphic
would definitely be the easiest approach if you don't need to see
though the image.

Mojca