* context doens't work in cli mode on ubuntu 11.04?
@ 2011-07-21  9:20 Grummfy
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Grummfy @ 2011-07-21  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everybody,
I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64bits, and try to generate a pdf without success. On
ubuntu 10.10 64bit, it works perfectly, but after the upgrade, no ... So I
ask you if you have any idea.

When I try with texworks, it generate the PDF but in command line no. here
is the result of the command line :

> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

I try different stuff (in root or not) :
luatools --generate

> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-base.lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | unknown script 'base.lua' or 'mtx-base.lua'

luatools --generate (in /usr/share/texmf/scripts/context/lua )

> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers

mtxrun --generate

> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to '/usr/bin'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '/usr'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '.'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXOS' set to '/usr'
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers

I already try to purge all and reinstall it but it change nothing.

Thanks for the help

--
Van Belle Jonathan

* Re: context doens't work in cli mode on ubuntu 11.04?
@ 2011-07-21  9:31 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-07-21  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Grummfy <grummfy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64bits, and try to generate a pdf without success. On
> ubuntu 10.10 64bit, it works perfectly, but after the upgrade, no ... So I
> ask you if you have any idea.
>
> When I try with texworks, it generate the PDF but in command line no. here
> is the result of the command line :
>>
>> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
>> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
>> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
>> MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'
>
> I try different stuff (in root or not) :
> luatools --generate
>>
>> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
>> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
>> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-base.lua'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
>> MTXrun | unknown script 'base.lua' or 'mtx-base.lua'
>
> luatools --generate (in /usr/share/texmf/scripts/context/lua )
>>
>> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
>> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
>> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>

> mtxrun --generate
>>
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to '/usr/bin'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '/usr'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '.'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXOS' set to '/usr'
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>
> I already try to purge all and reinstall it but it change nothing.
>
> Thanks for the help

can you try
$> cd tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/lua
$> mtxrun --generate
?
--
luigi

* Re: context doens't work in cli mode on ubuntu 11.04?
@ 2011-07-21  9:36 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2011-07-21  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07/21/11 11:20, Grummfy wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64bits, and try to generate a pdf without success.
> On ubuntu 10.10 64bit, it works perfectly, but after the upgrade, no ...
> So I ask you if you have any idea.

Was your 10.10 install a standalone distribution, or Ubuntu's
repackaged texlive? If it was standalone, then it seems likely
that 11.04 has installed an ubuntu-repackaged texlive itself,
that is now overriding the correct installation.

If both installs were ubuntu packages, perhaps you should complain
to the Ubuntu people.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: context doens't work in cli mode on ubuntu 11.04?
@ 2011-07-21  9:44   ` Grummfy
From: Grummfy @ 2011-07-21  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
to answeer top luigi, here is the result of the command :
in /usr/share/texmf/scripts/context/lua
mtxrun --generate

> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to '/usr/bin'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '/usr'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '.'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXOS' set to '/usr'
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers

In 10.10 it was the version packaged by ubuntu like in my 11.04. But before
reproting the bug to ubuntu, I would like to ask here if there is nothing to
do...

I will try the standalone version if no solution was found here.

--

@ 2011-07-21  9:54     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-07-21  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Grummfy <grummfy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> to answeer top luigi, here is the result of the command :
> in /usr/share/texmf/scripts/context/lua
> mtxrun --generate
>>
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to '/usr/bin'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '/usr'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '.'
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
>> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXOS' set to '/usr'
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
>> MTXrun | resolvers
>> MTXrun | resolvers

some misconfiguration in the variables: these are mine
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to
'/opt/luatex/minimals-2011-beta/tex/texmf-linux/bin'
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to
'/opt/luatex/minimals-2011-beta/tex/texmf-linux'
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to
'/opt/luatex/minimals-2011-beta/tex'
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXOS' set to 'texmf-linux'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | using configuration specification
'home:texmf/web2c;selfautoparent:texmf{-local,-context,}/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/root/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/opt/luatex/minimals-2011-beta/tex/texmf-local/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | unknown configuration file
'/opt/luatex/minimals-2011-beta/tex/texmf-context/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | found configuration file
'/opt/luatex/minimals-2011-beta/tex/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | loading configuration file
'selfautoparent:texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'

> In 10.10 it was the version packaged by ubuntu like in my 11.04. But before
> reproting the bug to ubuntu, I would like to ask here if there is nothing to
> do...
>
> I will try the standalone version if no solution was found here.
mkiv should be used only with minimals;
mkii  should be ok with distros, but given that is included into the
minimals, in the end
it's always better to use the minimals .

--
luigi

* Re: context doens't work in cli mode on ubuntu 11.04?
@ 2011-07-21 12:30 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-07-21 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:20, Grummfy wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64bits, and try to generate a pdf without success. On
> ubuntu 10.10 64bit, it works perfectly, but after the upgrade, no ... So I
> ask you if you have any idea.

What version of TeX Live is being used?

Can you please post the exact location of texmfcnf.lua and its contents?

Mojca

* Re: context doens't work in cli mode on ubuntu 11.04?
@ 2011-07-21 13:28       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-07-21 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, luigi scarso wrote:

> mkiv should be used only with minimals;

I thought that MkIV worked fine with TL11 (though I have not tested it
yet).

Aditya

* Re: context doens't work in cli mode on ubuntu 11.04?
@ 2011-07-21 13:32         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-07-21 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, luigi scarso wrote:
>
>> mkiv should be used only with minimals;
>
> I thought that MkIV worked fine with TL11 (though I have not tested it yet).
yes, until the next beta.

--
luigi

* Re: context doens't work in cli mode on ubuntu 11.04?
@ 2011-07-22 11:55   ` Van Belle Jonathan
From: Van Belle Jonathan @ 2011-07-22 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/7/21 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:20, Grummfy wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> > I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64bits, and try to generate a pdf without success. On
> > ubuntu 10.10 64bit, it works perfectly, but after the upgrade, no ... So
> > ask you if you have any idea.
>
> What version of TeX Live is being used?
>
> Can you please post the exact location of texmfcnf.lua and its contents?

the version of texlive is : 2009-11
the location of texmfcnf.lua : was not found or antithing like 'texmf*.lua'

@ 2011-07-22 12:07   ` Grummfy
From: Grummfy @ 2011-07-22 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2011-07-22 12:14     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-07-22 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 14:07, Grummfy wrote:
> the version of texlive is : 2009-11
> the location of texmfcnf.lua : was not found or antithing like 'texmf*.lua'

If you have TeX Live 2009 installed, you can forget about running
ConTeXt MKIV on it.

Install TeX Live 2011 or ConTeXt minimals or use ConTeXt MKII (using
texexec instead of context).

Mojca

* Re: context doens't work in cli mode on ubuntu 11.04?
@ 2011-07-22 12:17       ` Van Belle Jonathan
From: Van Belle Jonathan @ 2011-07-22 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

oki doki. No problem.

But why it has working on ubuntu 10.04, it's strange ....

thanks for the help

@ 2011-07-23 12:13         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-07-23 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 14:17, Van Belle Jonathan wrote:
> oki doki. No problem.
>
> But why it has working on ubuntu 10.04, it's strange ....

One possibility (but I am not sure) is that Norbert kept updating both
ConTeXt and LuaTeX for Debian independent from official TeX Live
release numbers.

If my memory serves ... ConTeXt was completely broken in one of TeX
Live distributions due to version mismatch with LuaTeX. I think this
was back in 2009 (but it could also have been in 2008). I could try to
install Ubuntu 10.04 and check what is happening, but I'm not sure if
that would solve anything for anyone. If nothing else, you can be sure
that no patches will be included if you will ever need one.

Mojca