* TikZ modules are missing \startmodule
@ 2017-12-08  7:38 Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2017-12-08  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Since a module nesting check has been introduced in file-mod.mkvi, the TikZ
modules provoke "module wrapping error" messages in the log file. May I
kindly ask the maintainer of the TikZ modules to insert the missing
\startmodule command in the following files:

<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\basiclayer\t-pgf.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\basiclayer\t-pgfbim.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\basiclayer\t-pgfcor.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\frontendlayer\t-tikz.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\math\t-pgfmat.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\systemlayer\t-pgfsys.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfcal.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgffor.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfkey.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfmod.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfrcs.tex

Kind regards,

Christoph

* Re: TikZ modules are missing \startmodule
@ 2017-12-08  8:04 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2017-12-08  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Christoph,

On 8 December 2017 at 08:38, Christoph Reller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since a module nesting check has been introduced in file-mod.mkvi, the TikZ
> modules provoke "module wrapping error" messages in the log file. May I
> kindly ask the maintainer of the TikZ modules to insert the missing
> \startmodule command in the following files:
>
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\basiclayer\t-pgf.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\basiclayer\t-pgfbim.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\basiclayer\t-pgfcor.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\frontendlayer\t-tikz.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\math\t-pgfmat.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\systemlayer\t-pgfsys.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfcal.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgffor.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfkey.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfmod.tex
> <context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfrcs.tex
>
> Kind regards,
> Christoph

Thanks for the report. I suspect that the maintainer of TikZ might not
be reading this mailing list (and is certainly not a ConTeXt user
himself).

I'm CC-ing him. The issue tracker is here:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/pgf/bugs/

In the past Hans and Aditya wrote a number of patches for TikZ
(potentially even fixing this particular issues, I'm not sure), but
not all of them were included.

So ... we need some more persistence in making sure that things get
fixed. This list might be the best place to get the patches, but then
you need to make sure that the patches are actually included upstream.
(This reminds me that I probably need to check if TikZ is still
properly synchronized with upstream in our distribution. As far as I
know SF is dropping support for CVS and I need to check how we sync
the sources now.)

Mojca

* Re: TikZ modules are missing \startmodule
@ 2017-12-11 14:13   ` Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2017-12-11 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your support. I think you should insert a line

    \startmodule[<name>]

after \unprotect in the following files

<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\basiclayer\t-pgf.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\basiclayer\t-pgfbim.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\basiclayer\t-pgfcor.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\frontendlayer\t-tikz.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\math\t-pgfmat.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\systemlayer\t-pgfsys.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfcal.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgffor.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfkey.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfmod.tex
<context-base>\tex\texmf-modules\tex\context\pgf\utilities\t-pgfrcs.tex

The <name> should be the file-name without the leading "t-" and
without the extension ".tex".
E.g: \startmodule[pgf]

Please anybody correct me if I am wrong or missing something.

Kind regards,
Christoph

@ 2017-12-08 15:44 ` Christian Feuersaenger
From: Christian Feuersaenger @ 2017-12-08 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

--

Dr. Christian Feuersänger
Rheinbach

* Re: TikZ modules are missing \startmodule
@ 2017-12-08  8:26 Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2017-12-08  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)