* Request to help categorizing commands on wiki
@ 2012-03-21  6:28 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2012-03-21  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear ConTeXters,

Jan Heinen did some heaving wiki editing in order to achieve better
categorization of different topics on the wiki.

One particular part where your help would be welcome is a big number
of different commands listed here:
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Commands
It would be great to assign one or more categories to each command.

Sure, many commands are (still) missing, but once commands are
categorized, it will be a lot easier to concentrate on - say -
describing just interaction/color/font commands at once, and also to
keep adding missing commands. The list of all commands together will
be assembled later (once commands are categorized).

All uncategorized commands are on top category Commands. Please
replace that one with [[Category:Command/Some Category|commandname]]
(or more than that) and in case that you need to create a new
category, please add at least [[Category:Commands|Some Category]] to
that Category page.

Thanks a lot for help,
    Mojca

PS: Text to the right of "|" in Category:*|  is used for sorting (else
all commands would end up under "C" for "Command/Whatevercommand").

* Re: Request to help categorizing commands on wiki
@ 2012-03-22  5:25 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-03-22  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/22/2012 02:44 AM, Jan Heinen wrote:

> I hope we get some help of all the people around here that use ConTeXt.
> With organizing existing information we can improve the documentation of
> ConTeXt and help beginners and maybe also experts.
>
> Woutld be nice if everyone who gets help from this mailinglist gives a
> little back to ConTeXt :-) This was my motivation to engage for the
> documentation.
>
> You can count on me :-)
>
> Regards
> Jannis

I missed this the first time around, so a belated reply: this is an
absolutely wonderful initiative, and your words about giving back are
spot on. I'll be sure to try my hand at this, it's very useful. Thanks a
lot!

Thomas

* Re: Request to help categorizing commands on wiki
@ 2012-03-22  1:44 Jan Heinen
From: Jan Heinen @ 2012-03-22  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

--
Better organization and integration of all ConTeXT-information:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:ConTeXt  ............
All information arround ConTeXt

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Commands ........
Commands

!!! new: "One-Click" from every command in the wiki to the
rich resources of the ConTeXt-mailinglist