From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ConTeXt Linux installation issues (due to GLIBC dependency) - Solved!
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 10:15:32 +0100	[thread overview]

Dear Ramkumar,

On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 at 02:10, Ramkumar KB wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> This turned out to be an issue with the texmf-context.zip file version mismatch. I updated to version 1.04 and was able to install successfully!
>
> However, I would like to contribute a section to Wiki on how to install ConTeXt in Linux machines which does not have the proper GLIBC version. This is especially true with RHEL 7.x versions - which is still the majority installation in companies & institutions with RHEL subscription.

I'm sorry. We have VMs with an older version of Debian for building,
but those don't provide sufficiently recent build tools (cmake, git,
ninja build system, ... I believe that CMake was the main blocker, but
I'm no longer absolutely sure).

By far the easiest solution was to switch from Debian 8 to 9 (or
something like that, I should check the exact numbers) and you might
be the first one bringing the issue up. I was aware that switching to
a newer Debian version might have caused compatibility issues with
RHEL / CentOS. (Do you happen to have some matrix of glibc versions on
RHEL / CentOS?)

> The section will cover GLIBC 2.24 install, patchelf utility and the changes needed to ConTeXt install scripts for such an installation.
>
> How can I go about contributing to the wiki?

Do you have trouble creating a new account on the wiki?

Mojca