* compiling with latest stable
@ 2015-11-19 19:49 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-11-19 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][GFS Didot]
    \setupbodyfont[mainface]

    \starttext

    effective flew

    {\sc Small caps}
    \stoptext

If I compile it with latest beta, everything is fine (as expected).

But if I compile it with latest stable (2015.05.18 12:26), I only get a
blank page.

Could you compile the sample above with latest beta and confirm wheter
you get a completely blank page?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: compiling with latest stable
@ 2015-11-19 21:49 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2015-11-19 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19 November 2015 at 20:49, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>     \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][GFS Didot]
>     \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
>     \starttext
>
>     effective flew
>
>     {\sc Small caps}
>     \stoptext
>
> If I compile it with latest beta, everything is fine (as expected).
>
> But if I compile it with latest stable (2015.05.18 12:26), I only get a
> blank page.
>
> Could you compile the sample above with latest beta and confirm wheter
> you get a completely blank page?

LuaTeX 0.85 is incompatible with ConTeXt from May, so will most likely
not be able to use "current" with the latest binaries. (This is a
slight problem with the way distribution is set up at the moment and
should be fixed at some point.)

Mojca

* Re: compiling with latest stable
@ 2015-11-21 13:40   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-11-21 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/19/2015 10:49 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 19 November 2015 at 20:49, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I have the following sample:
>>
>>     \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][GFS Didot]
>>     \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>>
>>     \starttext
>>
>>     effective flew
>>
>>     {\sc Small caps}
>>     \stoptext
>>
>> If I compile it with latest beta, everything is fine (as expected).
>>
>> But if I compile it with latest stable (2015.05.18 12:26), I only get a
>> blank page.
>>
>> Could you compile the sample above with latest beta and confirm wheter
>> you get a completely blank page?
>
> LuaTeX 0.85 is incompatible with ConTeXt from May, so will most likely
> not be able to use "current" with the latest binaries. (This is a
> slight problem with the way distribution is set up at the moment and
> should be fixed at some point.)

Many thanks for your reply, Mojca.

ConTeXt stable (2015.05.18 12:26) came with LuaTeX-0.80.0 (rev 5238).
And I have a backup for that version.

The issue is relevant when confirmed, since (I’m afraid) it affects all
ConTeXt users with TeX Live 2015.

Pablo
--

@ 2015-11-22 11:03     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-11-22 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/21/2015 2:40 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:

> The issue is relevant when confirmed, since (I’m afraid) it affects all
> ConTeXt users with TeX Live 2015.

the assumption is that tl 2015 users use its luatex + context combination

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE