* Re: system "Linux armv7l" is not supported yet
       [not found] <mailman.638.1406300906.2240.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-07-25 19:40 ` Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2014-07-25 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you, Mojca for your reaction.

On Fri, 25 Jul, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> We already have some binaries for ARM, two sets in TeX Live
> (http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/) and one set in our
> minimals (http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/armel-linux/)
>
> The problem is that I don't know how to distinguish between the two
> (or more) flavours or arm with a simple script. There is Little Endian
> and Big Endian. And there is "Hard Float" or something like that.
>
> Are you able to tell:
> - Which of the two sets from TL works for you? (Or whether the
> binaries on the garden work for you.)
> - How to distinguish between different flavours?

Could you please be more specific about how I should test the three
sets?
This is what I did:
1. I went to http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/armel-linux/
I clicked on `context` and then on the first `download` on the page
(behind Links to HEAD).
That brought me to a page saying: `link
../../texmf-dist/scripts/context/stubs/unix/context`.
I don't know whether I took the correct steps and how to proceed.

2.  I went to http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/armhf-linux/
and performed the same steps as under 1. with the same result.

3. I went to http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/armel-linux/
and clicked on `luatex` and on the following page again on `luatex`.
I saved the file `luatex` (7.6 MB) but I don't know what to do with
this file.
I changed the permission so that it can be executed. But execution gave
the error message: `Failed to execute child process
"/home/sytse/context/luatex" (No such file or directory)`.

Sytse

* Re: system "Linux armv7l" is not supported yet
@ 2014-07-25 20:27   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2014-07-25 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm sorry for too vague instructions.

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 9:40 PM, Sytse Knypstra wrote:
> Thank you, Mojca for your reaction.
>
> On Fri, 25 Jul, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> We already have some binaries for ARM, two sets in TeX Live
> (http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/) and one set in our minimals
> (http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/armel-linux/) The problem is
> that I don't know how to distinguish between the two (or more) flavours or
> arm with a simple script. There is Little Endian and Big Endian. And there
> is "Hard Float" or something like that. Are you able to tell: - Which of the
> two sets from TL works for you? (Or whether the binaries on the garden work
> for you.) - How to distinguish between different flavours?
>

> Could you please be more specific about how I should test the three sets?
> This is what I did:
> 1. I went to http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/armel-linux/
> I clicked on `context` and then on the first `download` on the page (behind
> Links to HEAD).
> That brought me to a page saying: `link
> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/context/stubs/unix/context`.
> I don't know whether I took the correct steps and how to proceed.

You should have tried "./luatex --version" (or any other binary like
pdftex, xetex etc.), but see also below. "context" is just a symlink.

> 2.  I went to http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/armhf-linux/ and
> performed the same steps as under 1. with the same result.
>
> 3. I went to http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/armel-linux/ and
> clicked on `luatex` and on the following page again on `luatex`.
> I saved the file `luatex` (7.6 MB) but I don't know what to do with this
> file.
> I changed the permission so that it can be executed. But execution gave the
> error message: `Failed to execute child process "/home/sytse/context/luatex"
> (No such file or directory)`.

I don't know that error.

The idea would be to try to run
    ./luatex --version
and it would either work or fail, but the failure you mentioned is weird.

You can try:
    svn co http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/armel-linux
    cd armel-linux/luatex
    ./luatex --version

For TeX Live you could try:
    svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/armhf-linux
    cd armhf-linux
    ./luatex --version
(or do some sparse checkouts to save bandwidth)

Mojca

* Re: system "Linux armv7l" is not supported yet
       [not found] <mailman.649.1406426789.2240.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-07-27 16:47 ` Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2014-07-27 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sun, 27 Jul, 2014 at 4:06 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Can you please fetch first-setup.sh and try again?

This is the output of the command  sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all:

receiving incremental file list

sent 25 bytes  received 155 bytes  360.00 bytes/sec
total size is 8,010,423  speedup is 44,502.35

mtxrun          | forcing cache reload
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/texmf/web2c' from specification 'home:texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on weird path
'/home/sytse/context/bin' from specification 'selfautoloc:'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/bin/share/texmf-local/web2c' from specification
'selfautoloc:/share/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/bin/share/texmf-dist/web2c' from specification
'selfautoloc:/share/texmf-dist/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/bin/share/texmf/web2c' from specification
'selfautoloc:/share/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/bin/texmf-local/web2c' from specification
'selfautoloc:/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/bin/texmf-dist/web2c' from specification
'selfautoloc:/texmf-dist/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/bin/texmf/web2c' from specification
'selfautoloc:/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on weird path
'/home/sytse/context' from specification 'selfautodir:'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/share/texmf-local/web2c' from specification
'selfautodir:/share/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/share/texmf-dist/web2c' from specification
'selfautodir:/share/texmf-dist/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/share/texmf/web2c' from specification
'selfautodir:/share/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/texmf-local/web2c' from specification
'selfautodir:/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/texmf-dist/web2c' from specification
'selfautodir:/texmf-dist/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/context/texmf/web2c' from specification
'selfautodir:/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'$SELFAUTOGRANDPARENT/texmf-local/web2c' from specification
'$SELFAUTOGRANDPARENT/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on weird path
'/home/sytse' from specification 'selfautoparent:'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/share/texmf-local/web2c' from specification
'selfautoparent:/share/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/share/texmf-dist/web2c' from specification
'selfautoparent:/share/texmf-dist/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/share/texmf/web2c' from specification
'selfautoparent:/share/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/texmf-local/web2c' from specification
'selfautoparent:/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/texmf-dist/web2c' from specification
'selfautoparent:/texmf-dist/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/home/sytse/texmf/web2c' from specification
'selfautoparent:/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)
resolvers       | resolving |
mtxrun          | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
mtx-update      | state, loaded
mtx-update      |
mtx-update      | update, start
mtx-update      | available platforms: freebsd freebsd-amd64
kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 linux linux-64 linux-armhf linux-ppc mswin
osx-64 osx-intel osx-ppc solaris-intel solaris-sparc win64
mtx-update      | available modules: 37
mtx-update      | + f-urwgaramond
mtx-update      | + f-urwgothic
mtx-update      | + t-account
mtx-update      | + t-algorithmic
mtx-update      | + t-animation
mtx-update      | + t-annotation
mtx-update      | + t-bnf
mtx-update      | + t-chromato
mtx-update      | + t-cmscbf
mtx-update      | + t-cmttbf
mtx-update      | + t-construction-plan
mtx-update      | + t-cyrillicnumbers
mtx-update      | + t-degrade
mtx-update      | + t-fancybreak
mtx-update      | + t-filter
mtx-update      | + t-fixme
mtx-update      | + t-french
mtx-update      | + t-fullpage
mtx-update      | + t-games
mtx-update      | + t-gantt
mtx-update      | + t-gnuplot
mtx-update      | + t-layout
mtx-update      | + t-letter
mtx-update      | + t-lettrine
mtx-update      | + t-lilypond
mtx-update      | + t-mathsets
mtx-update      | + t-rst
mtx-update      | + t-ruby
mtx-update      | + t-simplefonts
mtx-update      | + t-simpleslides
mtx-update      | + t-tikz
mtx-update      | + t-title
mtx-update      | + t-transliterator
mtx-update      | + t-typearea
mtx-update      | + t-typescripts
mtx-update      | + t-vim
mtx-update      | + t-visualcounter
resolvers       | tds | no 'texmf-linux' under tree
'/home/sytse/context/tex'
When you want to use context, you need to initialize the tree by typing:

  . /home/sytse/context/tex/setuptex

in your shell or add
  "/home/sytse/context/tex/texmf-linux-armhf/bin"
to PATH variable if you want to set it permanently.
This can usually be done in .bashrc, .bash_profile
(or whatever file is used to initialize your shell).

> Once the download succeeds (if it succeeds), try to set the PATH to
> tex/texmf-linux-armhf/bin manually and check if it works at all. We
> probably need to fix mtxrun and setuptex as well.

The directory ~/context contains the directories `bin` and `tex` and
the file first-setup.sh
~/context/bin contains the files `luatex`, `mtxrun`, `mtx-update.lua`
and the link `texlua`, pointing to `luatex`.
~/context/tex contains five directories: `texmf-cache`, `texmf-fonts`,
`texmf-local`, `texmf-modules` and `texmf-project`, each of these
directories is empty. So there is no
~/context/tex/texmf-linux-armhf/bin, no ~/context/tex/texmf-linux and
no ~/context/tex/setuptex.

Hope this information helps.

Sytse

* Re: system "Linux armv7l" is not supported yet
@ 2014-07-26 15:20   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2014-07-26 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Sytse Knypstra wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jul, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> You can try: svn co http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/armel-linux
> cd armel-linux/luatex ./luatex --version
>

> I succeeded in the first two steps, but the third one did not work; it said:
> sytse@MINIX_UBUNTU:~/context/armel-linux/luatex$ ./luatex --version
> bash: ./luatex: No such file or directory
>
> For TeX Live you could try: svn co
> svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/armhf-linux cd armhf-linux ./luatex
> --version (or do some sparse checkouts to save bandwidth)
>

> This one resulted in:
> sytse@MINIX_UBUNTU:~/context/armhf-linux$ ./luatex --version
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014) (rev 4971)
>
> Execute  'luatex --credits'  for credits and version details.
>
> There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
> the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option)
> any later version. For more information about these matters, see the file
> named COPYING and the LuaTeX source.
>
> Copyright 2014 Taco Hoekwater, the LuaTeX Team.
>

> I hope this helps you in finding out what is the correct flavour.

Apparently you need "armhf-linux". I added the binaries, but I'm still
not sure how to distinguish between armel and armhf.

       [not found] <mailman.646.1406364223.2240.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-07-26 13:29 ` Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2014-07-26 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2014-07-25 13:58 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2014-07-25 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Sytse Knypstra wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> Recently I purchased a Minix NEO X7 mediaplayer on which I managed to
> install Ubuntu (or rather: Xubuntu) 14.04. When I then tried to install the
> ConTeXt Standalone suite I immediately received the message:
>> Error: your system "Linux armv7l" is not supported yet.
> The latter is what I am doing now.
>
> I was however able to Install ConTeXt from the Ubuntu repositories without a
> any problem.
> FYI: the Minix NEO X7 is based on a Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A9 processor with
> Quad-Core Mali-400 GPU.

I already tested the installation on Raspberry PI a while ago and it
worked without problems.

We already have some binaries for ARM, two sets in TeX Live
(http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/) and one set in our
minimals (http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/armel-linux/)

The problem is that I don't know how to distinguish between the two
(or more) flavours or arm with a simple script. There is Little Endian
and Big Endian. And there is "Hard Float" or something like that.

Are you able to tell:
- Which of the two sets from TL works for you? (Or whether the
binaries on the garden work for you.)
- How to distinguish between different flavours?

If you can help me solve that mystery, enabling support for your
platform is just "two clicks away".

Mojca

* system "Linux armv7l" is not supported yet
@ 2014-07-25 10:20 Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2014-07-25 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context