* web site
@ 2016-07-03  9:25 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-07-03  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

for those accessing the website (for updates) best use prgama-ade.nl
instead of pragma-ade.com

Hans

* Re: web site
@ 2016-07-05  8:39 ` Mohammad Hossein Bateni
From: Mohammad Hossein Bateni @ 2016-07-05  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

is the server down?

i can't connect to pragma-ade.nl or contextgarden.net or
minimals.contextgarden.net.  all refuse my connection.

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 5:25 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> for those accessing the website (for updates) best use prgama-ade.nl
> instead of pragma-ade.com
>
> Hans

>        tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: web site
@ 2016-07-05  8:42   ` Christian Prim
From: Christian Prim @ 2016-07-05  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

No problem here!

Mohammad Hossein Bateni <bateni@gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 5. Juli 2016 um
10:40 Uhr:

@ 2016-07-05  8:50   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2016-07-05  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5 July 2016 at 10:39, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote:
> is the server down?
>
> i can't connect to pragma-ade.nl or contextgarden.net or
> minimals.contextgarden.net.  all refuse my connection.

I was on holidays until today.

The admin sent me a notice about a shorter (planned) downtime of
contextgarden.net some time yesterday. After you sent me the email I
checked and it seems as if Apache wasn't running, so I restarted it
and also replaced the Pragma's .com domain names with .nl (I might
have missed some).

If you spot any other problems, please let me know.

Mojca

* web site
@ 2004-02-24 16:20 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-02-24 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Tomorrow evening the website will be down for some 10 hours due to moving
the server to another location. Sorry.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE/POD/CTS

* web site
@ 2002-10-02 15:14 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-02 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Well, someone saw it as a challenge to hack our linux webserver. So, for
the second time, we have to reinstall the whole thing after the machine is
initialized. Sorry,

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: web site
@ 2001-11-13 22:49 ` Marco Kuhlmann
From: Marco Kuhlmann @ 2001-11-13 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote (2001-11-13 (22:11)):

> I tried to make them nice documents and they also show a couple of metapost
> tricks. Downloading show-pre and show-man make take some time (a couple of
> megs) but is worth doing. Of course this is all "work in progress". [there
> is also a zip with presentation stuff under /zipped/present.zip).

You finally got me. I just erased latex from harddisk. :-) If
only m-math would work... <hint>

I just noticed a broken link on http://ds035.xs4all.nl/beta.htm

    Thanks for this great work,
    Marco

--
Marco Kuhlmann                             marco.kuhlmann@gmx.net

* web site
@ 2001-11-13 21:11 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-13 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I still have to re-arrange the domain name, but the new site (that is, old
site with new content) can be reached at:

   ds035.xs4all.nl

it's a dedicated server on a pretty fast backbone. I still have to redo the
pod.cod sites.

There are new manuals there as well as regenerated versions of older ones.
We plan to upgrade some of them on a short notice (the beginners one,
texexec, metafun and the big one). Some of you sent me corrections, which
are not yet done but will be done.

The qrc's are a mixture of new cover and old content, but the tables will
be upgraded (new look and feel) too. This process goes hand in hand with
the xml based interface definitions.

There is also a new context zip. There are new xml things in there but the
schema's are yet inperfect. Although i still have to move some
optimizations in the kernel (testing them now) this new version should run
much faster although it may go unnoticed on small and relatively simple jobs.

I will upload more manuals and goodies later, but it may be worth to follow
the "big picture" link on the first page. This will bring you to the new
pdf based navigation shell. The basic documents is:

   showcase.pdf

and the sub documents:

   show-man.pdf  : an overview of all manuals
   show-pre.pdf  : documentation of the presentation styles + examples
   show-dem.pdf  : the demos
   show-pap.pdf  : papers
   show-art.pdf  : articles

I tried to make them nice documents and they also show a couple of metapost
tricks. Downloading show-pre and show-man make take some time (a couple of
megs) but is worth doing. Of course this is all "work in progress". [there
is also a zip with presentation stuff under /zipped/present.zip).

If you save your documentation files in the same structure as the site
(most manuals are searched under general/manuals) you havea nice interface
to all context documents.

Later i will try to make a kind of mirror script (maybe in texexec) so that
documentation can be fetched/updated automatically [too many massive wget
--mir's will overflow our monthly bandwidth budget -)].

@ 2001-11-10 14:41   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-10 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:36 PM 11/9/2001 +0100, you wrote:

>Thursday, November 08, 2001 Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>HH> Hi,
>
>HH> We're working on the web site and at the same time regenerating some
>HH> manuals (not that bad a job with the faster context). There will be new
>HH> versions of nearly all of them, including a (not yet finished) version of
>HH> the ref manual (this time in A4 with fancy cover) and ppchtex (even
>fancier
>HH> cover) as well as a pdf based navigation shell, presentation style
>HH> documentation etc etc. There are also new / extended versions of xml
>HH> manuals. So, your patience will be rewarded -)
>
>Will FTP access to the repositories be provided? It would
>immensely help in keeping in sync. (Not just for the doc, but also
>for every other file.)

hm. for the moment i will limit access, if only because i don't want to end
up in a hacked site again,

@ 2001-11-09 11:36 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-11-09 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Thursday, November 08, 2001 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> Hi,

HH> We're working on the web site and at the same time regenerating some
HH> manuals (not that bad a job with the faster context). There will be new
HH> versions of nearly all of them, including a (not yet finished) version of
HH> the ref manual (this time in A4 with fancy cover) and ppchtex (even fancier
HH> cover) as well as a pdf based navigation shell, presentation style
HH> documentation etc etc. There are also new / extended versions of xml
HH> manuals. So, your patience will be rewarded -)

Will FTP access to the repositories be provided? It would
immensely help in keeping in sync. (Not just for the doc, but also
for every other file.)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* web site