From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: PDF Digital Signatures
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:41:57 +0100	[thread overview]

I'm replying off-list. I think that this might be on the list of
forbidden features (one would have to pay to adobe to be able to allow
signing document with TeX).

Mojca

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:27, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since  ConTeXt  supports  form  fields  in  PDFs, I wonder whether the
> fields  for  digital  signatures are available as well. If not, please
> consider this a feature request/wish :-)

I'm not sure about it, but I'm tempted to believe that digitally
signing PDFs might be one of "forbidden" functionality that requires
you to buy a licence for Acrobat. Martin Schröder usually posts this
link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_LiveCycle_Reader_Extensions

I have found this article, but I'm not sure if it is really legal:
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/14488/E-signing-PDF-documents-with-iTextSharp

Maybe we need a FAQ entry about PDF features somewhere on wiki (or at
any other place).

Mojca