* 404 error: Not found for first-setup.sh
@ 2019-02-08 16:25 Marcus Vinicius Mesquita
From: Marcus Vinicius Mesquita @ 2019-02-08 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

When I try to fetch the file first-setup.sh with

wget http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/first-setup.sh

the server answers with: 404 error: Not found.

Marcus Vinicius

* Re: 404 error: Not found for first-setup.sh
@ 2019-02-08 17:40 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2019-02-08 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Marcus,

That was my fault, I messed something up in the webserver settings. It should be ok now.

With my best apologies,

Taco

> On 8 Feb 2019, at 17:25, Marcus Vinicius Mesquita <marcusvinicius.mesquita@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear list,
>
> When I try to fetch the file first-setup.sh with
>
> wget http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/first-setup.sh
>
> the server answers with: 404 error: Not found.
>
> Marcus Vinicius

Taco Hoekwater
Elvenkind BV

* Re: 404 error: Not found for first-setup.sh
@ 2019-02-08 18:02   ` Marcus Vinicius Mesquita
From: Marcus Vinicius Mesquita @ 2019-02-08 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Taco

I tried again, but the server still answers with a 404 error.

Marcus Vinicius

@ 2019-02-08 18:39     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2019-02-08 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2/8/19 7:02 PM, Marcus Vinicius Mesquita wrote:
> Hi, Taco
>
> I tried again, but the server still answers with a 404 error.

Hi Marcus,

I have just updated my ConTeXt Suite to its latest beta.

And the following command downloads the file (I don’t have wget installed):

  $ curl -O http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/first-setup.sh

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: 404 error: Not found for first-setup.sh
@ 2019-02-08 18:50       ` Marcus Vinicius Mesquita
From: Marcus Vinicius Mesquita @ 2019-02-08 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Pablo

Indeed, with curl I was able to download the file. Thank you.

In the wiki page about ConTeXt standalone (
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone), the section about
single user installation suggests only the wget program, so I got stuck,
and perhaps we could avoid that for future users.

Regards

Marcus Vinicius

@ 2019-02-08 18:59         ` Mohammad Hossein Bateni
From: Mohammad Hossein Bateni @ 2019-02-08 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I ran into the same issue two days ago, where "curl -O" worked while "wget"
did not.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 1:51 PM Marcus Vinicius Mesquita <

@ 2019-02-08 19:23     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2019-02-08 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 at 19:03, Marcus Vinicius Mesquita wrote:

> Hi, Taco
>
> I tried again, but the server still answers with a 404 error.

There seems to be some misconfiguration for http vs. https introduced
earlier today. For me it works on http, while it tries to access the
mailman page on https. However my browser additionally automatically
redirects to https, so it fails from the browser as well.

We'll try to fix it tomorrow (read as: I'll probably leave it to Taco
as I would almost certainly break something in an even worse way than
that :)

Mojca

* Re: 404 error: Not found for first-setup.sh
@ 2019-02-08 19:24           ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2019-02-08 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

That is helpful knowledge. I am quietly confident I can fix wget tomorrow, now.

I’ll report back.

Taco

@ 2019-02-08 19:50             ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2019-02-08 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

fetch http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/first-setup.sh

works as well - why do we suggest wget, a gnuism?

Alan

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 20:24:45 +0100

@ 2019-02-08 20:20             ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2019-02-08 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

After some more tweaking on my side, Marcus now reported that it works for him, finally.

Best wishes,
Taco

@ 2019-02-08 20:29               ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2019-02-08 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 at 21:21, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> After some more tweaking on my side, Marcus now reported that it works for him, finally.

Thank you, it seems fixed for me as well.

Mojca