Thanks for correcting me, Wolfgang. I meant only TeX commands not plan TeX macros. On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 9:20 PM Wolfgang Schuster < wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote: > Shiv Shankar Dayal schrieb am 24.01.2024 um 16:37: > > For example: \kern, \parindent and so on. Rephrasing the question, can > > LuaMetaTeX/ConTeXt compile > > plain TeX files. If yes, how can I do that? > > You mix up two different things here. > > 1. Plain TeX is a collection of TeX macros like ConTeXt or LaTeX. > > 2. LuaMetaTeX is a program like pdfTeX or LuaTeX which provides commands > which are used by above mentioned collections to create macros. > > Even though ConTeXt provides some commands which available in plain TeX > not all of the are supported which means you can't process plain TeX > documents. > > On the other hand commands which are provided by the engine like > \parindent can be used in a ConTeXt document but higher level mechanism > like \setupindenting are the better choice. > > Wolfgang > > -- Respect, Shiv Shankar Dayal